Most Popular Speakers
Edifier R1280T - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
With an increasing demand in more affordable speakers, with players like Yamaha, Cerwin Vega, and Sony clamoring for the low to middle segment of the speaker market, its hard for someone else to squeeze in. Edifier was previously in the same level as the competition so we were quite surprised to see that they have stepped up with the R1280T.
Setting these up is a breeze. If you know how to plug a speaker into a stereo, you're all good. And even if you don’t, it’s plug and play and all you need to do is read the manual. The RCA inputs are good connectors in such a way that its easily connectible to another speaker or other devices - a real treat - once everything has been set up. It has a wireless remote that can adjust volume and mute the sound. It has a four-inch bass driver coupled with a calibrated and flared bass reflex port. The speakers have a volume control, and bass and treble knobs on the side to have you adjust the sound just the way you want it. The design is classy and very easy to integrate to most living spaces, and it'll just blend in there.
Now for the downsides. The stock RCA cables arent reliable at all as they crackle when moved even by just a bit, youre better off buying gold plated ones instead. The remote is a nice addition but it cant help you turn the speakers on which is ironic. The feel of the device itself may seem a little fragile, like its gonna beak in your hands in a few spots. And the design may not suit all kinds.
A solid contender for the top bookshelf speaker out there. For a system that costs less than $100, it sounds like its a lot more valuable than that. Obviously not like what you can get for thrice the amount, but definitely leading the pack in its price range, and even better than a lot of speakers with double the price. The bass is pristine and thumping, the highs and lows are clear, and is more than enough sound quality to have you rocking out in your office, living room or your PC. Superb job by Edifier on this one!
- Superb sound for its class
- Easy to set up
- Cheaply made cables and remote
- "Wood grain effect"" feels fake to the touch
- Dual RCA output
- 3.5mm headphone output
- 13mm silk dome tweeter
- 4" full range unit
- Bass and treble control
- MDF wood build
- Wood effect vinyl finish
- 2 yr warranty
- Remote control
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume at your figure tips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - High quality MDF wood build finished with wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
- Read more