Most Popular Car Seats
Britax Marathon G4 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Britax Marathon G4
When you are serious about your child’s safety and comfort on the road, the Britax Marathon G5 is surely a great convertible car seat to invest in. With a steel frame and an energy-absorbing base, this car seat will keep your child safe and secured inside the car even in the unfortunate case of an accident or collision. Your child will be protected from all sides, thanks to the Side Protection feature of the Britax Marathon G5, crash tested before sale.
With three different recline positions that will fit most vehicles, your baby will be able to comfortably sleep through even long journeys on the road. Besides, the Britax Marathon G5 comes with a 12-position harness system that will grow as your child grows from a baby to a toddler, and then some more. You can use this car seat in both rear-facing and front-facing positions; in the rear-facing position, babies weighing from 5-40 pounds can easily be fit into it, and in the front-facing position, toddlers from 20 to 65 pounds can be comfortably accommodated.
Placing and removing your baby from this convertible car seat is easy and can be done in a matter of seconds. As an added bonus, the Britax Marathon G5 comes with a cup holder for when the baby is older and more responsible!
- Steel frame, shock-absorbent body
- Crash tested
- 3 recline positions
- 12-position harness system
- Rear- and front-facing mode
- Built-in cup holder
- Installation can be tricky at times
- ClickTight Installation System
- Steel frame
- Energy-absorbing base
- V-shaped tether
- Staged-release stitches
- Side impact protection formed by a deep foam-lined shell
- Quick-adjust 12-position harness and 2-position buckle
- 7-position recline with automatic level indicator adjusts
Britax Marathon G4 is a popular option on the higher end of the price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling car seats and has quite a few popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Graco Milestone or Evenflo SafeMax Platinum .
Britax Marathon G4 was released in 2014. There are dozens of newer car seats on the market. Show newer Car Seats
Britax Marathon G4 is $30 more expensive than the average car seat ($149.99).
- Additional limited-time savings reflected in current price
- Rear-facing for infants 5-40 lbs.
- Forward-facing for toddlers 20-65 lbs.
- Base with SafeCell technology
- Premium lower LATCH connections
- Read more
- Clicked into a base (the base is not movable)
- The no rethread harness makes it easy to adjust the strap height
- Small (e.g. Toyota Prius)
- Medium (e.g. Kia Optima)
- Large (e.g. Dodge Charger)
- SUV / Minivans