Most Popular Convertible Car Seats
Graco Contender 65 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Graco Contender 65
- Seat features a Simply Safe Adjust Harness System that can be adjusted with just one hand, unlike other baby seats that requires dismantling for adjustment;
- Side-impact tested that provides additional ...
- When installed rear-faced, this car seat may be too big or bulky for small cars;
- Cup holder cannot be removed for cleaning, you have to unscrew it which can be a hassle as toddlers are always spilling ...
Finding the perfect car seat to protect your infant or toddler is a constant struggle for parents. The Graco Contender is a convertible car seat that can adapt in time with the growth of your child. It can carry an infant from 5-40 pounds while rear facing, and a forward-facing toddler from 20-65 pounds.
The Graco Contender 65 gives both comfort and safety everytime you travel with your baby. If you want an item that can ease your mind and promises to be a great investment, then this car seat is for you.Read full review Hide full review
- Both rear- and front-facing mode
- Can accommodate children up to 65 pounds
- Crash tested and safe for baby
- 5-point harness system
- 8 different headrest positions
- No recline positions
- Harness needs constant readjusting
Extremely popular in its price range of less than $150, the Graco Contender 65 can be used to accommodate children up to 65 pounds. You can use this convertible car seat in both rear- and front-facing mode, for children who are less and more than 2 years old. In the rear-facing mode, the Graco Contender 65 can comfortably accommodate children weighing from 5 to 40 pounds and in the front-facing mode, it can accommodate children weighing from 20 to 65 pounds, thus giving the car seat its name!
With a 5-point harness system, it is easy to strap your baby inside, and a task that will take only seconds. This car seat has also been crash tested and found that the deep sides will protect your child in case of a collision or accident. This car seat has been engineered keeping your baby’s safety in mind and will definitely protect them when the need arises. The Graco Contender 65 comes with a headrest that’ can be adjusted in 8 different positions, thus making every journey comfortable for your growing child. The headrest can be adjusted with just one hand, in case you have your hands full or are in a hurry!Read full review Hide full review
- Rear-facing infant from 5 - 40 pounds
- Forward-facing toddler from 20-65 pounds
- Safe Adjust Harness System
- Built-in 5-point harness system
- One-hand, 8-position adjustable headrest
Graco Contender 65 is a very popular and one of the cheaper options. It's in the top 3 bestselling convertible car seats and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Safety 1rst Alpha Omega Elite or Safety 1st Continuum .
Graco Contender 65 was released in 2013. There are a lot of newer convertible car seats on the market. Show newer Convertible Car Seats
Graco Contender 65 is $48.76 less expensive than an average convertible car seat ($139).
- This Graco convertible car seat is designed to help protect your rear-facing infant from 5 - 40 pounds; and your forward-facing toddler from 20-65 pounds.Car Seat Width Outside-20.75 in
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System is safe and simple with a one-hand, no re-thread harness that automatically adjusts
- Side-impact tested In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the Contender 65 car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5-point harness system
- Engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
- One-hand, 8-position adjustable headrest easily adapts to your growing toddler's needs, helping to keep her secure in her travels
- Read more
- Small (e.g. Toyota Prius)
- Medium (e.g. Kia Optima)
- Large (e.g. Dodge Charger)
- SUV / Minivans