Most Popular Convertible Car Seats
Graco Nautilus - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Graco is a brand that never fails when it comes to providing car seats that are built to grow with your children. The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat gives you 10 years of use in one product – this is a front-faced installation car seat that can support 20 to 65 pounds, and can even go in backless belt-positioning mode from 40 to 120 pounds.
The Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat is your best bet in buying the comfort you want for your child. Made with quality items that are sure to protect your child, this car seat does not only focuses on safety but also comfort. You’ll have a lot of fun travels because of this car seat, and you can be sure it is able to grow and adjust to your child’s needs.
- Seat is steel reinforced ensuring more child safety;
- Head support is completely adjustable, and can be moved by just using one hand;
- Padded and adjustable armrests gives your child additional comfort;
- When your child reaches the age wherein you can use the seatbelt of the car itself, the open loops at the top makes it easier to self-buckle.
- Not suit for infants as it is not capable of being installed rear-faced;
- Harness can be difficult to adjust when installing in car.
Moderately and affordably priced, the Graco Nautilus is one of the best convertible car seats available in the market that you will be able to use for years to come. This is a 3-in-1 model which can be used in a front-facing mode for toddlers weighing 20 to 65 pounds. Later, the same seat can be adjusted as a high back booster to accommodate children weighing 30 to 100 pounds, and finally, as a backless booster for grown up children weighing from 45 to 100 pounds. A single car seat will give you years of use in three different modes, without you having to switch to a new model!
The Graco Nautilus has been vigorously crash tested and is completely capable of protecting your child in case of a collision. A 5-point harness system will keep your baby safe on the road, and completely attached to the seat until they are over the weight limit. A one-hand adjustable headrest that comes with this car seat is a great feature, as are the extra-wide padded armrests for older children to use. As two added features, you get a cup holder and storage space for small toys inside the Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat.
- 3-in-1 model that works as a front-facing position, high back booster and backless booster
- Accommodates children from 20 to 100 pounds
- Vigorously crash tested
- 5-point harness system
- Cup holder and storage space
- Extra-wide arm rests
- Not suitable for rear-facing position
- No recline positions
- Harness booster (22 - 65 lb.)
- Highback booster (30 - 100 lb.)
- Backless booster (40 - 100 lb.)
- Safe Adjust Harness System
- 3-position recline
- Built-in 5-point harness system
Graco Nautilus is a very popular option on the higher end of the price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling convertible car seats and has quite a few popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 or Recaro Proride .
Graco Nautilus was released in 2008. There are dozens of newer convertible car seats on the market. Show newer Convertible Car Seats
Graco Nautilus is $44 more expensive than the average convertible car seat ($169.99).
- 3-in-1 convertible car seat gives you 10 years of use from four to 120 pounds
- Front facing car seat from 20 to 65 pounds
- Booster seats in high back belt-positioning mode from 30 to 100 pounds and backless belt-positioning mode from 40 to 120 pounds
- Read more
- Clicked into a base (the base is not movable)
- The automatic locking retractor will not permit the lap belt to lengthen once it is
- buckled. Tighten the belt by feeding the belt back into the retractor while pushing down hard on the child restraint.
- Small (e.g. Toyota Prius)
- Medium (e.g. Kia Optima)
- Large (e.g. Dodge Charger)
- SUV / Minivans