Body Max Rider Fan - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- DUAL-ACTION HANDLEBARS: The alternating handlebars keep your arms engaged while your legs propel you. This means our machine can provide a killer upper- and lower-body workout. You can expect incredible results all over
- VIDEO WORKOUT INCLUDED: Nervous about getting started or worried about working out without a personal trainer? Have no fear. We have provided an instructional workout video with your purchase. This will help you begin and stick with your fitness journey
- FITS IN ANY SPACE: If you thought you had to have a mansion to create your own home gym, you were wrong. Our elliptical trainer can fit almost anywhere, thanks to its compact design. It's also totally portable with the help of an included transport wheel
- SMART WORKOUT TRACKER: Our computer tracks everything you need and leaves out the expensive add-ons that you don't. Our simple, smart digital computer measures and displays workout metrics, including calories burned, speed, time, and distance
- ANYONE CAN USE IT: This is an excellent workout for any skill level, whether you're just beginning your fitness journey or you're a seasoned athlete. Because elliptical workouts are so low-impact on joints, this is a great exercise for seniors
- Read more
Elliptical displays offer a wide range of features that vary greatly from one machine to another. The display can be as simple as analog LED lights that show time and distance traveled or as complex as a fully functioning TV screen with cable network connectivity. Displays vary in size and type, with higher end machines displaying more stats (time, distance, incline, speed, heart rate, workout program status, etc.) and offering more advanced features (such as a virtual tour that simulates traveling through real-life environments). There are positives and negatives to this level of complexity. On the plus side, sophisticated displays allow you to easily monitor and adjust your workout based on the information presented. They may also provide a distraction from the dull pace of elliptical exercise. At the same time, this kind of distraction can be harmful to your workout because it may cause you to fall or injure yourself or be overly conscious of the clock and distance.
Advanced display screens or TV screens could have the added benefit of linking with your smartphone, so you can watch video content on the display as you run. The suite of features will be dependent on your needs but know that you’ll pay significantly more for complex displays and TV screens.
Ellipticals separate their warranties into four sections: Frame, Parts, Labor and Brake System. Across all of these categories, warranties are an important feature to assess in ellipticals because the length of the warranties are an indication of the company’s confidence in the machines ability to last. 90-day warranties show that the manufacturer doesn’t believe the elliptical hold up past the first 90 days of ownership.
Frame warranties should be lifetime warranties. Anything less than that is an indication of a cheaply made machine and buyers should be wary.
Parts warranties range from 90 days to 5 years to lifetime warranties. For light use, 90 days to 1 year might be an acceptable parts warranty, though you should not expect that machine to be extremely durable.
Labor warranties range from 90 days to 3 years. For light or moderate use, choose an elliptical with at least 1-year labor warranty. If you plan to use the machine long and often, it’d be best to find a labor warranty of 2-3 years. Note that labor warranties are typically shorter than parts warranties, which means that, up until a certain point, the company will cover the cost of parts, but not the cost of paying someone to fix it.
Finally, like the frame warranty, the best brands offer you a lifetime warranty on the brake system, which provides resistance on the elliptical. If you have an electromagnetic brake system, you likely won’t have any issues, but it always helps to have reassurance that you’re covered if something goes wrong.