Most Popular Fitness Trackers
Fitbit Charge 2 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Fitbit Charge 2
- Big screen
- Comfortable strap
- Multi-sport tracking
- Multiple strap options
- Limited phone notifications
- No GPS
- Expensive straps
- Not waterproof
If you're into FitBit, you're probably wearing a Charge or an HR since these are the latest models to have come out. We have an upgrade to the HR that was released last 2015, the FitBit Charge 2, and boy does it throw in new features that will indeed label it an upgrade. Bringing together previous releases features into one, The FitBit Charge 2 is one impressive little package.
Looking like the lovechild of the Charge HR and FitBit Surge, the design is similar to all others in its range with the exception of a much larger screen and much thicker device and straps, which fans of the previous slim models might not like. The thickness however houses impressive hardware that allow the device to function like it does. It is water resistant, not waterproof so bear in mind it can take sweat, but not showers or swims. With a long battery life of four days, and recharging in 2 hours this wont be a chore to maintain.
The functionality of this little device is interesting. Its tracking technology is similar to other Fitbit trackers. It still has a pedometer that allows you to set a goal of 10,000 steps a day, but you can adjust that total in the phone app. The device itself has no GPS which is a let down but it can use your phone which makes it okay, but highly inaccurate. A key improvement is that the Charge 2 does multi-sport tracking – meaning you can track outdoor running, treadmill running, walking and weight training, as well as bike, elliptical trainer and interval workouts, and it can do this automatically. The Guided Breathing feature will monitor your heart rate for 30 seconds and then challenge you to help you improve your condition. Although slightly finicky, this can also monitor your sleeping patterns but cant really wake up heavy sleepers.
The Fitbit Charge 2 costs about $150 with a plastic strap and about $30.00 more for the Special Editions, which have more premium-looking and feeling straps. You can also purchase good ol leather straps separately in a light brown, indigo or pink, for $65.00 more or less. A good buy if you're into more fitness tracking and a large display, and looking good while you're at it, but if you just need the basics, this will be unnecessarily pricey and comes off as a luxury item.Read full review Hide full review
- Automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking
- Call, text & calendar notifications
- OLED display
- Silent vibrating alarm
- Sleep and wake track
- Sizes L, S
- Weight 1.3 oz, 1.1oz
- All-day activity Track
Fitbit Charge 2 is a very popular option at the top of the price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling fitness trackers and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Fitbit Alta HR or Inchor Wristfit HR 2 .
Fitbit Charge 2 was released last year in August. There are dozens of newer fitness trackers on the market. Show newer Fitness Trackers
Fitbit Charge 2 is $88.10 more expensive than the average fitness tracker ($39.99).
- PurePulse continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking to better measure calorie burn all day
- Maximize your workouts using simplified heart rate zones (Fat Burn, Cardio and Peak)
- See call, text & calendar notifications on the OLED display; Automatically track how long and how well you sleep and wake with a silent vibrating alarm
- Get a better understanding of your fitness level and see how you can improve over time with a personalized Cardio Fitness Score; Use Connected GPS during run mode to see real-time stats like pace and distance on your wrist
- Track all-day activity like steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes;Find moments of calm throughout your day with personalized guided breathing sessions based on your heart rate
- US Version
- Read more
- Stair climbing
- Weight lifting
- Includes charging cable
- Heart rate sensor
- Splashproof & sweatproof