Fitbit Charge 3 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate & more with 24/7 heart rate tracking and a battery life of up to 7 days (varies with use and other factors). Charge time (0 to 100 percent): 2 hours. The operating temperature is 10 to 45 degrees Celsius
- Choose from 15 plus exercise modes like run, bike, swim, yoga, circuit training and more, set goals, and get real time stats during your workouts to see how you can keep getting better; with aerospace grade aluminum, a smooth flush case and corning gorilla glass 3, charge 3 is comfortable and durable
- Automatically record time spent in light, deep and REM sleep stages and see activity trends, health insights and personalized guidance in one place with Fitbit today; Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: apple iOS 11 and higher, Android OS 7.0 and higher, or windows 10 v1607 or higher
- Swim proof and water resistant to 50 meters, so you can track swims and wear in the shower (we do not recommend wearing charge 3 in a hot tub or sauna). Also, connect to Smartphone GPS in real time, pace and distance during outdoor runs and rides. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Stay connected to your day with everyday apps for weather and more and get called, text and smartphone app notifications on your wrist. Small band: fits wrists 140 millimeter to 180 millimeter in circumference, large band: fits wrists 180 millimeter to 220 millimeter in circumference
- Read more
The type of display or screen on fitness trackers varies widely by brand and price point—from a few LED lights to full color touchscreens. The main benefit of a screen is being able to read the time and your fitness stats any time of the day without needing to open an app on your phone or plug the tracker into your computer. This could be a positive or negative—some people prefer not to see progress and feel rewarded when they finally look at results and meet their goal. Others need a constant reminder of their status to push them to reach their goals. It’s totally up to you.
Oftentimes, you can also read smartphone notifications on a screen, depending on how advanced the tracker is. Every tracker will differ on what information is shown on the display, whether it’s the time, steps, heart rate, or other goals. Some will be a touchscreen, some will not. These aspects mainly affect ease of use, and will vary in importance by person. Finally, a display will also drain your battery more quickly, and come with a higher price tag.
For fitness trackers, batteries vary widely. Some trackers have rechargeable batteries that last anywhere from hours to days. Others take coin cell batteries like you would find a regular watch, which last a few months to a year. Needing to purchase and replace batteries can be a hassle… but so can plugging in your device every five or so days via USB cable to recharge it. Remembering to take the device off, charge it, and then remembering to put it back on, can seriously interrupt your fitness routine, especially if you’re worried you’ll forget it. Plys, if you want consistent sleep tracking, you don’t want to be charging it overnight. Both options have advantages and disadvantages to keep in mind while you compare options.
- Female Health Tracking
- Sedentary Reminder