Brother MFC-J805DW - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- UP TO 1-YEAR OF INK IN-BOX: Experience truly uninterrupted printing, exceptional savings and super convenience with up to 1 year of ink, based on printing approximately 150 pages per month, using only the cartridges provided in-box. (1)
- REVOLUTIONARY INKVESTMENT TANK SYSTEM: Brother Investment Tank inkjet all-in-1 printers feature reengineered ink cartridges that hold more ink and work with an internal ink storage tank to deliver uninterrupted printing.
- ELIMINATE INK REPLACEMENT GUESSWORK: You can print with confidence using the Brother Page Gauge to help take the guesswork out of when to replace ink. The Brother Page Gauge(2) is a visual, numerical way to know the amount of ink you’ve used and the amount of ink you have remaining.
- ENJOY MOBILE DEVICE PRINTING: Print and scan wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet. Desktop and mobile device wireless printing using Air Print , Google Cloud Print , Brother and Wi-Fi Direct . (3). Minimum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)-4 x 6 inches. Maximum Paper Width/Length (Paper Tray)-8.5 x 14 inches. Duplex Copying and Duplex Scanning-No. Duplex Printing Capability-Yes
- USE WITH BROTHER GENUINE INKS: Intelligently engineered to work with your Brother Investment Tank inkjet printer for reliable results. Super-high Yield - LC3033BK, LC3033C, LC3033M, LC3033Y; Ultra-high Yield - LC3035BK, LC3035C, LC3035M, LC3035Y for rich, vivid colors and sharp black.
- Operating Environment: Temperature 50-95° F. Operating Environment: Humidity - 20-80% (without condensation)
- Read more
The four main functions of printers are: printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing. Either your device will be print only, print/scan/copy, or an all-in-one printer that does printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Note that scanning and copying almost always come together, since the hardware for these features overlaps significantly. Generally speaking, all-in-one printers are larger, so those with space constraints may find this to be an inconvenience. Additionally, printers with a fax feature are typically more expensive. It would be wise to only consider this feature if you plan to fax often. If not, you’ll be satisfied with a print/scan/copy device.
Network printers can be wired or wireless. A printer with a wired network connection uses an Ethernet cord that connects directly to your router. A wireless printer connects to your home or office Wi-Fi network. Any computer also connected to your network can use your printer, whether it’s wired or wireless. You will have to install software, or printer drivers, on the computer before you can print. Also, there is a setup process for the printer to get it on the network. If your printer is not wireless, you’ll need to connect it directly to your computer via USB cable, which is not ideal if you have multiple users that need the printer simultaneously.
Outside of Wi-Fi, there are a number of ways a device can connect to a printer. If the printer is not wireless, you’ll have to connect to your printer via USB cable. Some people prefer using the wired connection because it allows for faster data transfers and quicker printing. Depending on the speed of your Wi-Fi and how strong the signal is, it can take time for the document to send from computer to printer over the network. Using a wired connection eliminates this issue. Other connections you may have are: Ethernet for wired connection to your network; Airprint or Google Cloud Print for quick direct printing over the cloud/internet; USB hard drive or memory card to print directly from storage devices; or PictBridge to print directly from cameras.
Printers with an LCD screen/display give you the option to control some settings directly on the printer, such as a one-touch print, scan, copy, or fax. You may also be able to adjust print quality, preview the print job, and/or view connection settings. Some screens are programmed to offer setup instructions for easy installation. For those who are not particularly tech savvy, this could be helpful.