Most Popular Inkjet Printers
Canon Pixma MG3620 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Canon Pixma MG3620
Canon, a printer brand known for innovative features surprised us with this one. It has released the Pixma MG3620, a spartan all-in-one inkjet printer that has no extra, fancy features but simply tries to do what its meant to do well. With the lack of additional features, I'm holding my breath to see how this holds up.
It's a simple looking machine. Its so plain I cant describe it that much so lets jump to the performance. Its not a speed freak at the least and is below average at 6.4 pages per minute when printing, even more so when duplex printing at 3 minutes for a 5-pager but the text, oh the text was beautiful and book-worthy. Photos take a reasonable 3 minutes to print out. Copying and scanning speed is blazing fast, averaging 8 - 30 seconds per page with excellent quality, black and white and high quality color respectively. You can still print via Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Cloud, Canon print App, or Airprint which is nice.
Its simplicity may be its biggest weakness just as much as it is its strength. There is only one paper tray, and you will have to swap in photo paper when it's time to print out photos. Because there's no LCD screen on the device, you need to press the Copy button repeatedly to make multiple copies. And you can't do more complex copy jobs because there is no copying software built into it. Duplex printing is also of less quality due to the ink being used sparingly to avoid the ink seeping through the paper. Not for the impatient techie thats for sure.
The Canon Pixma MG3620 will give you value for your money at just around $50. Although a little slow in printing, It produces excellent photo prints, excellent photo scans and prints text with pristine clarity. The printer's features are bare - bones, but if you rarely need to switch papers, don't make much back to back copies and don't need an LCD to operate, it's highly unlikely you'll regret not buying a all-in-one printer with more bits and bobs.
- Fast graphics printing
- Very fast scanning
- Fast copying in color
- Excellent scan quality
- No photo paper tray or document feeder
- Two-sided printing is slow, and text looks less sharp
- No LCD display
- Mobile Device Printing
- Quick and Easy Wireless Setup
- Google Cloud Print
- Mopria and Canon Print
- Compact and Space-saving design
- Print on both sides of the page with Auto 2-sided Print
Canon Pixma MG3620 is a very popular and one of the cheapest options. It's in the top 3 bestselling inkjet printers and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Canon MG6820 or Canon Pixma MX492 .
Canon Pixma MG3620 was released in 2015. There are a lot of newer inkjet printers on the market. Show newer Inkjet Printers
Canon Pixma MG3620 is $76.27 less expensive than an average inkjet printer ($116.26).
- Hybrid Ink System: Combines dye ink for vivid colors and black pigment ink for sharp text, Print Documents and Web Pages Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 9.9 images per minute (ipm) for black and 5.7 images per minute (ipm) for color
- FINE: Features Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl, High Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi produces incredible quality and detail.
- Auto Scan Mode: The printer automatically detects what is being scanned and applies the correct scan settings, Scanning Resolution: 1200 x 2400 maximum optical color dpi produces incredible quality and detail.
- Read more
- 16 Watts Copy mode
- 1.4 Watts Standby mode
- 0.1 Watts off mode
- 4 x 6" (10.2 x 15.2 cm), 5 x 7" (12.7 x 17.8 cm),
- envelopes, other, photo paper, plain paper
- Auto Scan Mode, Network Scan, Wireless Scanning
- Memory card
- AirPrint3, Auto Duplex Print, Borderless Printing12, Document Printing, Easy PhotoPrint+13, Full HD Movie Print9, Google Cloud Print5, Mopria Device Printing4, , Photo Printing, Canon PRINT app2, PIXMA Cloud Link14, Red-Eye Correction, Wireless Printing