Most Popular Inkjet Printers
Canon Pixma MX492 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Canon Pixma MX492
At the lower end of the printing range is the Canon Pixma MX492. For those of you who want to print documents cheaply, without taking up too much desk space, and without having to scratch your head due to complex features, this all in one might be a good deal, or maybe not.
This looks like it’s made for a dorm room or a small one man start-up. At just 17.2 pounds this is one of the smallest and lightest in the Pixma product line. This can hold an average 100 sheets of paper in its feeder tray and its auto document feeder can do 20 pages at a time. So your dissertation isn’t getting printed in one sitting.
The MX492 features copying, faxing and scanning functions. You can access the printer from apps like Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and the PIXMA Printing Solutions App. No NFC unfortunately so you can’t one-touch print like the other fancy models out there but there is a USB slot at least. Oddly, it doesn’t have a touch screen or any display except indicator lights and a basic alphanumeric display which makes this tricky to use at times. Although I have seen slower, this printer is slightly below average when it comes to overall speed and the image quality is what you’d expect from a budget printer like this one.
This printer seems like it’s selling point is that it fits in small spaces, and its super cheap, I’ll give it that much at least. At just under $90 (street price) you will get this all-rounder that doesn’t really fail but doesn’t excel either. By just adding $30 you can get other models in the PIXMA line that are slightly bigger, print much faster, and have better images.
- - Small
- - Cheap
- - App connectivity
- - Slow all around speed
- - Lack of display features
- Space-saving small printer
- Air Print
- Fully integrated Auto Document Feeder
- Mobile or Tablet Printing
- Google Cloud Print Compatible
Canon Pixma MX492 is a very popular option at the bottom of the price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling inkjet printers and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Canon Pixma MG3620 or Brother mfc-j480dw .
Canon Pixma MX492 is $73.50 cheaper than the average inkjet printer ($119).
- The space-saving small printer fits about anywhere in your home, office or dorm.
- Air Print: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch --no drivers needed!
- Print and scan photos or documents from your mobile device using the free Canon PRINT app
- Save time with the fully integrated Auto Document Feeder
- We are here for you with 100% US-based Service & Support. Please refer the User Manual before use.
- Read more
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Professional
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion