Most Popular Inkjet Printers
HP Envy 5540 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
HP Envy 5540
|When HP launched its instant ink program, the launched a series of all-in-one printers to go along with it. The Envy 5540 is the baby in this family. But is it a bundle of joy or a screaming pain, we will see.|
This is a printer that targets the personal and home office use. It offers a small, slim design that will fit neatly in your computer desk. This little fella is packed with features for its size with printing, scanning, and copying available for use. The setup is a breeze thanks to clear printed guides. Adding the device to our Wi-Fi network was easy, and we were all set in no time. Running costs are often an Achilles heel of inkjets, but thanks to the HP instant ink program you'll be saving a lot on ink if you are a regular user.
Its size however is its weak point. Yes it has features but the lack of a usb drive, and a card reader may hamper the more intensive home business models out there, or writers for that matter. Its a little on the slow side with 10 pages per minute in black and 5 pages per minute in color for copying, for printing its 22ppm in black and 21ppm in color, scans are about 12ppm for black, and 8ppm in color. The lack of an automatic feeder tray can make printing multiple pages quite a chore.
But there's only so many features you can fit into something this small, and at a modest $75 more or less this is a good buy for personal, home use but I wont recommend it for business use at all despite its marketing.
- Fits anywhere on your desk neatly
- Easy to configure
- Lack of card reader and usb port
- No ADF
- Instant Ink enabled
- Copy, scan, wireless printing
- Two-sided duplex printing
- Mobile printing
- Print 4x6-inch photos
HP Envy 5540 is a very popular option on the lower end of the price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling inkjet printers and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as HP DeskJet 3755 or Canon MG6820 .
HP Envy 5540 was released in 2015. There are dozens of newer inkjet printers on the market. Show newer Inkjet Printers
HP Envy 5540 is $55 cheaper than the average inkjet printer ($119).
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, wireless printing, AirPrint, two-sided duplex printing, touchscreen, Instant Ink ready so you'll never run out of ink.
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone or iPad with AirPrint, print even without a network using Wireless Direct printing
- The built-in photo tray lets you print 4x6-inch photos in brilliant color without changing paper.Paper sizes supported: Letter, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes. One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
- Borderless photos are printed right to the edge of the paper. You get beautiful photo prints with no trimming! Scan to email: Save time by sending scanned documents or photos directly from your printer to email recipients Paper sizes supported: Letter
- Save up to 50% on Ink with HP Instant Ink: ordered by your printer and delivered to your door before you run out (optional subscription required). Use Original HP 62 Ink cartridges to print up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
- Read more
- 0.93 Watt
- Standby 3.6 Watt
- Operational 13.95 Watt
- Glossy Photo Paper
- Matte Photo Paper
- Plain Paper
- Inkjet Paper
- Recycled Paper
- Scan to email or file
- USB Cable
- Memory card
- HP ePrint
- Apple AirPrint
- Wireless Direct Printing