Most popular laser printers
Brother DCP-L2550DW - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Expert reviews 
- Reviews with a score: 0
- Reviews without a score: 0
- FLEXIBLE PRINTING – The Brother Digital Multi-Function Copier offers flexible printing and scanning features including duplex (two-sided) printing and the ability to handle multiple sizes of paper, including card stock, envelopes, and more, to allow you to create professional-looking documents
- DYNAMIC FEATURES – Perfect for the home or small office, this digital copier (replacement for the DCPL2540DW) has a 250-sheet paper capacity, which improves efficiency by requiring fewer refills of legal or letter-sized paper
- Brother Genuine TN730 MONO laser toner cartridge.
- Professional MONO laser Print quality you can consistently rely on for 1, 200 pages/approx. Toner yield may vary by use
- Read more
- Plain Paper
- Thin Paper
- Recycled Paper
- Thick Paper
The four main functions of printers are: printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing. Either your device will be print only, print/scan/copy, or an all-in-one printer that does printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Note that scanning and copying almost always come together, since the hardware for these features overlaps significantly. Generally speaking, all-in-one printers are larger, so those with space constraints may find this to be an inconvenience. Additionally, printers with a fax feature are typically more expensive. It would be wise to only consider this feature if you plan to fax often. If not, you’ll be satisfied with a print/scan/copy device.
Printers with an LCD screen/display give you the option to control some settings directly on the printer, such as a one-touch print, scan, copy, or fax. You may also be able to adjust print quality, preview the print job, and/or view connection settings. Some screens are programmed to offer setup instructions for easy installation. For those who are not particularly tech savvy, this could be helpful.
LCD screens can be color or black and white, touchscreen or not, and vary in size across brands and models. The larger the touch screen, usually the easier it is to use the controls.
- Deep Sleep 0.8W
- Ready 43.5W
- Printing 450W