Brother MFC-L5800DW - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- INNOVATIVE SCANNING CAPABILITY: Supports multiple scan-to destinations such as email, USB, SharePoint, Cloud Services, Network, and more. (1) First Page Out Time 7. 2 seconds max. Printer Driver Compatibility Windows, macOS, Linux. Black Print Speed max. 42 ppm. (2) Mobile Device Compatibility AirPrint, Brother iPrint&Scan, Mopria, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct (3)
- ADVANCED SECURITY FEATURES: MFCL5800DW helps protect against unauthorized device and document access, and securely connect to your network
- 70-PAGE AUTO DOCUMENT FEEDER: The 70-page capacity auto document feeder is perfect for unattended copying, faxing, or scanning. Power Source - AC 120V 50/60Hz
- DASH REPLENISHMENT ENABLED: Upon activation, Dash Replenishment measures the toner level and orders more from when it’s low. Operating Environment Temperature 50-90F
- FOR USE WITH BROTHER GENUINE TONERS: TN820 Standard Yield Toner, TN850 High Yield Toner for cost efficient output. Copy Resolution 1200 x 600 dpi
- Brother is the #1 Retail Brand in laser printer unit sales in the U.S.**Source: The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, SF and MF Laser Printers, Based on units, Jan. 2018 – Sept. 2021 combined.
- Read more
The four main functions of printers are: printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing. Either your device will be print only, print/scan/copy, or an all-in-one printer that does printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Note that scanning and copying almost always come together, since the hardware for these features overlaps significantly. Generally speaking, all-in-one printers are larger, so those with space constraints may find this to be an inconvenience. Additionally, printers with a fax feature are typically more expensive. It would be wise to only consider this feature if you plan to fax often. If not, you’ll be satisfied with a print/scan/copy device.
Printers with an LCD screen/display give you the option to control some settings directly on the printer, such as a one-touch print, scan, copy, or fax. You may also be able to adjust print quality, preview the print job, and/or view connection settings. Some screens are programmed to offer setup instructions for easy installation. For those who are not particularly tech savvy, this could be helpful.
LCD screens can be color or black and white, touchscreen or not, and vary in size across brands and models. The larger the touch screen, usually the easier it is to use the controls.
- Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing
- 0.03W / 1.6W / 8.4W / 36W / 630W