Most popular laser printers
HP PageWide Pro 577dw - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
HP PageWide Pro 577dw
- Your purchase includes One HP Pro 577dw Color Multifunction Business Printer, D3Q21A model. One Black PageWide Cartridge, One of each: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow PageWide Cartridges. One power cord, one phone cord and user manuals
- Printer dimensions: 31.6” W x 27.3” D x 18.4” H. | Printer Weight: 48.83 lbs.
- Paper tray wide: 9” | Max paper size: 8.5 x 14” (legal size)
- Not inkjet. Not laser. Get the best combination of lowest total cost of ownership, duplex enabled print quality, and speed
- Manage tasks from a 4.3" Touchscreen, and scan digital files directly to email, network folders, and the cloud. Memory, standard - 768 MB
- Read more
The four main functions of printers are: printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing. Either your device will be print only, print/scan/copy, or an all-in-one printer that does printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Note that scanning and copying almost always come together, since the hardware for these features overlaps significantly. Generally speaking, all-in-one printers are larger, so those with space constraints may find this to be an inconvenience. Additionally, printers with a fax feature are typically more expensive. It would be wise to only consider this feature if you plan to fax often. If not, you’ll be satisfied with a print/scan/copy device.
Printers with an LCD screen/display give you the option to control some settings directly on the printer, such as a one-touch print, scan, copy, or fax. You may also be able to adjust print quality, preview the print job, and/or view connection settings. Some screens are programmed to offer setup instructions for easy installation. For those who are not particularly tech savvy, this could be helpful.
LCD screens can be color or black and white, touchscreen or not, and vary in size across brands and models. The larger the touch screen, usually the easier it is to use the controls.