HP LaserJet Pro M227fdw - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Main functions of the HP M227fdw all-in-one laser printer: monochrome print, scanner, copier, fax, wireless printing, AirPrint, double-sided printing, color touchscreen, 35-sheet auto document feeder, and more
- This HP M227fdw laser printer replaces the HP M225dw printer, additionally the newer HP M227fdw has 15% faster print speed plus HP JetAdvantage Security Manager
- Prints up to 30 pages/minute, input tray paper capacity up to 260 sheets, duty cycle up to 2,000 pages/month
- Mobile printing: mobile print from anywhere with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone with AirPrint, send jobs from your devices to any company printer using Google Cloud Print, print without a network using Wi-Fi Direct printing, NFC touch-to-print
- Set a faster pace for your business: Print two-sided documents, plus scan, copy, fax, and manage to help maximize efficiency
- Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence - engineered to help your printer print faster and more pages
- Ideal for home and small to medium businesses with work groups of 1-5 users; one-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
- Read more
The four main functions of printers are: printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing. Either your device will be print only, print/scan/copy, or an all-in-one printer that does printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Note that scanning and copying almost always come together, since the hardware for these features overlaps significantly. Generally speaking, all-in-one printers are larger, so those with space constraints may find this to be an inconvenience. Additionally, printers with a fax feature are typically more expensive. It would be wise to only consider this feature if you plan to fax often. If not, you’ll be satisfied with a print/scan/copy device.
Printers with an LCD screen/display give you the option to control some settings directly on the printer, such as a one-touch print, scan, copy, or fax. You may also be able to adjust print quality, preview the print job, and/or view connection settings. Some screens are programmed to offer setup instructions for easy installation. For those who are not particularly tech savvy, this could be helpful.
LCD screens can be color or black and white, touchscreen or not, and vary in size across brands and models. The larger the touch screen, usually the easier it is to use the controls.