Most Popular Modems
Netgear AC1750 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Inspired by the design of the R7000 (AC1900), and an upgrade to the R6300v2 but not a part of the Nighthawk series, the Netgear R6400 AC1750 picks up on its predecessors weaknesses and mitigates them, while keeping the same price point. So it it worth it?
Measuring in at (L) 7.5 x (W) 7.79 x (H) 2.55 inches and weighs about 1.2lbs, its quite large but can be wall mounted. The AC1750 uses the same outer design as the R7000, thus the ports are also the same. There are two USB ports - one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 port and five (1 WAN and 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports. On the front of the router, there's the Wi-Fi and WPS buttons which can be turned on and off and below the light indicators, you have the USB 3.0 port. Like all new releases this uses the same technology. The R6300v2 router used 6 built in antennas but the R6400 router uses 3 outside antennas and Beamforming+ technology to boost range, coverage and reduce dead spots for large homes with many walls. The antennas on the R6400 are adjustable, longer, and more powerful than the R7000's but unfortunately its not removable, the reason being to keep the cost down. The Genie app makes the customization and monitoring super easy and I wish all routers had this.
In the $80-90 range, this is good value for your money. Its range is good and its signal is strong despite the stock antennas not being removable, and the genie app makes tweaking this a breeze.
- Attractive design
- Supports VLAN and WAN bridging
- Open-source firmware
- Good NAS / storage performance
- Cant upgrade the antennas
- Two-in-One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router
- Up to 680Mbps modem speed
- 16x4 channel bonding
- Up to 680 Mbps download speeds
Netgear AC1750 is a top selling option in the middle of the modems price range. It's a #1 bestseller in modems category and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as ARRIS SURFboard SB6190/83 or Motorola MB7420-10 .
Netgear AC1750 was released this year in January. There are a couple newer modems on the market. Show newer Modems
Netgear AC1750 is $15.31 cheaper than the average modem ($96.88).
- Two-in-One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router delivers AC1750 WiFi and up to 680Mbps modem speed
- Required for fastest Internet speed tiers offered by XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner MAXX and Cox Premier & Ultimate
- Certified to work with Cable Internet Providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services)
- 16x4 channel bonding enables up to 680 Mbps download speeds
- Read more