Most Popular PS4 Games
Horizon: Zero Dawn - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Movement and combat system is highly polished.
- Monsters fight and react realistically.
- Exploration is highly satisfying due to the beautiful environments.
- Crafting system is very intuitive.
- Story is well written and exec...
- Standard fare side quests can get repetitive and tedious.
- Some awkward dialogue make moments out of place.
The Action RPG genre is a heavily saturated part of the gaming industry and it truly takes innovation and great development to have a game stand out among others. Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of those games.
Set in the distant future, a "post - post apocalyptic" setting, you play as Aloy, one of the few remaining humans who have successfully eked out a life despite having all other life on Earth being replaced by feral machines. Humanity has gone back to a tribal lifestyle with different tribes, and bandits peppering the world map. From the start of the story there are many questions that are unanswered and give you a sense of urgency to get out there and find those answers yourself.
The movement and combat in this game is what makes it stand out. Movement is fluid and combat is extremely satisfying. Once I had a grip on it, I felt like I was an accomplished warrior. Borrowing elements from the Witcher, you can "focus' and heighten your senses to slow down time and see the inconspicuous giving you a tactical edge in combat like shooting weak points with your trusty bow. The enemies aren't pushovers though and can easily kill and eat you if you're not on your toes. With bandit camps, and 26 different beasts to deal with, plus even the "herbivores" attacking you on sight, exploration and combat never gets old. Stealth also comes into play when you want to perform stealth kills or hide from enemies that gave you a run for your money. Crafting is very diverse and is essential in crafting the right item for the right situation.
Think of this game in the similar league as The WItcher 3, Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins, and all the other greats. If you are an Action RPG fan this is a must have, and if you're not, this game will turn you into one.Read full review Hide full review
- Lush Post-Apocalyptic World
- Nature and Machines Collide
- Defy Overwhelming Odds
- Cutting Edge Open World Tech
Horizon: Zero Dawn is a very popular and one of the more expensive options. It's in the top 3 bestselling PS4 games and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Everybody's Golf or NBA 2K17 Legend Edition .
Horizon: Zero Dawn was released this year in February. There are a lot of newer PS4 games on the market. Show newer PS4 Games
Horizon: Zero Dawn is $5.73 more expensive than an average PS4 game ($29.99).
- A Lush Post-Apocalyptic World - How have machines dominated this world, and what is their purpose? What happened to the civilization here before? Scour every corner of a realm filled with ancient relics and mysterious buildings in order to uncover your past and unearth the many secrets of a forgotten land.
- Nature and Machines Collide - Horizon Zero Dawn juxtaposes two contrasting elements, taking a vibrant world rich with beautiful nature and filling it with awe-inspiring highly advanced technology. This marriage creates a dynamic combination for both exploration and gameplay.
- Defy Overwhelming Odds - The foundation of combat in Horizon Zero Dawn is built upon the speed and cunning of Aloy versus the raw strength and size of the machines. In order to overcome a much larger and technologically superior enemy, Aloy must use every ounce of her knowledge, intelligence, and agility to survive each encounter.
- Cutting Edge Open World Tech - Stunningly detailed forests, imposing mountains, and atmospheric ruins of a bygone civilization meld together in a landscape that is alive with changing weather systems and a full day/night cycle.
- Read more
- PlayStation 4