Most Popular PS4 Games
Mass Effect Andromeda - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Mass Effect Andromeda
- Brilliant environment graphics.
- Vehicle exploration is fun.
- Added verticality adds more dynamic to combat,
- Most bugs and face animations have been fixed already in a patch.
- Very poor initial release.
- Extremely distracting technical glitches (fixed by a recent patch)
- Awkward facial animations (also fixed in a recent patch)
- Uninteresting side characters.
- Inventory management is a chor...
Before we start I'm basing my rating on the initial release of the game as it is a game developers responsibility to launch a complete game. Not giving us a mess and then patching it later.
Why did you do this Bioware? Where did it all go wrong? These are the questions I was asking myself when I first played through this game. The bar was set very high by the first trilogy and all that hype led to a devastating blow to fans worldwide, All that because someone in EA or Bioware corporate could not manage the development properly and wanted to cash it in early.
In Andromeda you play Ryder, and you are participating in the Milky Way's plan B against the Reapers, escape. What if Shepard didn't win? They sure didn't want to be in the Milky Way when that happened so they decided to look to another Galaxy to colonize. Fast forward 600 years and you wake up with everything in disarray and you are under attack by a hostile Alien species and struggle to get everyone in on the program.
You can search elsewhere on how the initial release was a huge fiasco. But I want to focus on the tangible bits for now. The environment and weapon / armor graphics are the best in the series to date. The combat is very satisfying and is one of this games saving graces, with powers and abilities to level the playing field, and the added layer of jumping, and jet-packing around adds another layer of tactics when fighting a wave of.enemies. Exploring planets with your tank is smooth and apart from a few bugs, its actually pretty fun. Inventory management is an issue as the game engine is built for action games, so expect to be digging through a massive crate when exploring your inventory. The side characters are uninteresting and boring, you wouldn't care much about them not like the characters in the original trilogy. The main storyline is good but tends to drag on until it gets to the good parts, like 3 plates of salad on top of a delicious steak.
I am thankful for Bioware fixing the weird, wide eyed facial animations and silly dialogue (my face is tired...really?) and the myriad bugs which were game breaking at times. But with Bioware halting any DLC for now, the skies are looking dark for this franchise.
This is now on sale ranging from $20 - $30 and after downloading the game fixes its an above average game and is a good part of the series to follow.Read full review Hide full review
- Deluxe includes: Pathfinder Casual Outfit, Scavenger Armor, Pathfinder Elite Weapon Set (4), Pet Pyjak (Monkey), Digital Soundtrack, Multiplayer Deluxe Launch Pack.
Mass Effect Andromeda is a very popular option at the bottom of the price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling PS4 games and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Resident Evil 6 or Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 .
Mass Effect Andromeda was released this year in March. There are dozens of newer PS4 games on the market. Show newer PS4 Games
Mass Effect Andromeda is $13.43 cheaper than the average PS4 game ($29.99).
- Chart your own course in a dangerous new galaxy. Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity's new home
- Battle like never before. New additions like destructible environments, boosted jumps for added verticality, and all-new weapons and Biotics make combat more thrilling than ever
- With amazing weapons, powers and tech, and much more flexible skill and weapon progression tree-you can replicate your play style to make you unstoppable against new, powerful alien enemies
- iscDownload only, No disc included
- Read more
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4