Most Popular PS4 Games
The Surge - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Increased difficulty will keep you at the edge of your seat.
- Immense customization options.
- Brilliant graphics and beautiful environments.
- Intuitive combat system never gets old and dismemberment is sati...
- Dying a lot when you come to battles unprepared.
- Steep learning curve for novice gamers.
The Dark Souls franchise has brought punishing but satisfying gameplay in recent years. This series has also given birth to a menagerie of clones out there that try hard fut pale in comparison. The Surge brings elements that made Dark Souls great and adds its own original mechanics to make an equally good gaming experience.
The story and setting is given to you in bare - bones detail. It will be up to you to forge your path and figure things out for yourself. The constant barrage of enemies trying to kill you will make that difficult though. However being the bad-ass that you are, you have more than a few tools at your disposal: your enemies gear.
The Surge introduces a dismemberment system wherein you will be able to selectively target body parts you would like to acquire from an enemy, then finish them off and pick up the part for yourself. The massive array of weapons and armor coupled with complete customization options will ensure your character is unique and truly will reflect your play style.
Before dismissing this game as just another Souls clone, expect that it kind of is. But the additional gameplay mechanics, and different theme make this a strong game that stand on its own very well. Definitely worth the price.Read full review Hide full review
- Hardcore RPG
- Environmental storytelling and unique, augmented hero
- Innovative leveling-up system
- Tight, visceral combat
- Work against the devastating effects of enhanced humans and global warming caused by an ever-evolving techno-world
The Surge is a popular option at the top of the price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling PS4 games and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Nascar Heat 2 or Persona 5 .
The Surge was released this year in May. There are dozens of newer PS4 games on the market. Show newer PS4 Games
The Surge is $20 more expensive than the average PS4 game ($29.99).
- A brand-new hardcore RPG - Environmental storytelling and unique, augmented hero provide a fresh take on the genre
- You are what you loot - Innovative leveling-up system allows you to harvest the technology of dismembered enemies
- Tight, visceral combat - Hit carefully to dismember your enemies and loot the spoils
- The future is now - Work against the devastating effects of enhanced humans and global warming caused by an ever-evolving techno-world
- Read more
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4