Most Popular Bluetooth Speakers
Bose SoundLink Mini II - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Bose SoundLink Mini II
Bose is one of the leading manufacturers in speaker systems worldwide, hands down. It has put out devices that are hard to match in terms of sound quality and loudness while maintaining overall clarity. The Soundlink Mini II has been on top of its game since its launch last 2015. Is it still relevant today or is age catching up to it?
The Bose SoundLink Mini II is built like a chevy, or a tank. The speaker is hefty at 1.5 lb ( 0.7 kg) together with its aluminum casing. That’s quite heavy considering the speaker’s small 2 x 7.1 x 2.3 inch (51 x 180 x 58 mm; H x W x D) dimensions. On the top you'll see all of the controls including power, volume pairing and the multi-function button. The multi-function is used to change tracks or for prompting apps like like Siri. The speaker contains a mic so you can take calls which is quite neat if you plan on taking this to work. On the left you’ll find the microUSB charging port and a 3.5mm headphone jack for using older devices. Lastly, there are pins at the bottom of the speaker for using the included dock for charging, you could also use the micro USB to do this.Looking at the specs, it seems a little bland. No NFC pairing, no multipoint Bluetooth, and unlike most Bose releases it is not water resistant at all. Its battery life is a little weak at only 10 hours. Its also quite expensive for its features that others have one upped by today's standards.
But don't write this off because it still puts out one of the best sounds I have ever heard in something so small. Pounding and authoritative, this still beats all other devices in the same category in terms of pure sound. At about $180.00 this old coot still has a lot of fight in him and is a good purchase if you're just in it for the sound quality. For everything else, its nearing the end of its time.
- High quality sound
- Durably built
- Compact and simple design
- None of the newer features on recent devices in the same category
- Not water resistant
- So-so battery life
- Big sound
- Wireless and ultra-compact
- Built-in speakerphone
- Voice prompts
- Lithium-ion battery plays up to 10 hours on full charge
Bose SoundLink Mini II is a very popular and one of the most expensive options. It's in the top 3 bestselling bluetooth speakers and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as AYL SoundFit or Sony SRSXB3 .
Bose SoundLink Mini II was released in 2013. There are a lot of newer bluetooth speakers on the market. Show newer Bluetooth Speakers
Bose SoundLink Mini II is $109.50 more expensive than an average bluetooth speaker ($69.95).
- Big sound--with deep bass--for a full-range listening experience
- Wireless and ultra-compact so you can take Bose sound anywhere
- Built-in speakerphone lets you take calls out loud
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Read more