Doss SoundBox Pro Plus - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Expert reviews 
- with a score: 1
- without a score: 2
- Brilliant Sound: Two full-range drivers and dual passive radiators produce 24W incredible sound with booming bass, tight mids, and crystal clear highs without distortion at any volume.
- Overwhelming Bass: Make the bass richer and volume louder via the single press of a button. Fills your room with impressive, overwhelming sound.
- Wireless Stereo Pairing: Connect 2 SoundBox Pro+ speakers via a single device for stereo sound and double the volume.
- Beat-Driven Party Lights: The mixing colored flashing lights that sync to the beat including line lights and a speaker light to create a pulsing light show for any song.
- Extended playtime: Built-in a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, play seamless music up to 15 hours at 50% volume without light.(battery life will vary with use, settings, and environmental conditions)
- Read more
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!