Most popular bluetooth speakers
Doss SoundBox - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Capacitive Touch Control: DOSS touch portable speaker makes it easy to control the mood and energy of any party by giving you fingertip control of the tracks you're playing, their volume and more.
- Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker: Enjoy a high definition stereo sound with an impressive volume whether you're lounging around the house, or partying, walking out, camping, hiking, biking.
- Bluetooth 4.0 Technology: Equipped with advanced technology and compatible with all Bluetooth compacity devices. Speaker would automatically reconnect to the last device used.
- Superior Sound Quality: Enjoy your music in 12W full-bodied stereo realized through dual high-performance drivers and unique enhanced bass.
- Extended Playtime: Built-in Li-Ion 2200mAh rechargeable battery guarantees up to 12 hours playtime in 75% volume. Recharge in just 3-4 hours with included micro USB cable. Reminder: This product is designed, manufactured and exclusively sold by DOSS.
- Read more
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!