Fugoo Tough - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- 100% WATERPROOF BLUETOOTH SPEAKER - The Rugged Fugoo Tough 2.0 is IP67 waterproof, snow proof, mud proof, and sand proof. Stringently tested and verified at 3 feet for 30 minutes, this compact Bluetooth 4.0 speaker is ready for anything at home, or on the go.
- BUILT IN MICROPHONE – Equipped with an omnidirectional microphone sporting echo cancellation and background noise reduction; this portable Bluetooth speaker allows for full-duplex speakerphone calling and support for Siri/Google Now capabilities.
- MULTI-SPEAKER PAIRING - Twice the speakers for twice the fun. Amplify your sound by pairing any two Fugoo speakers together for the ultimate sound experience. Works with any 2nd generation Fugoo Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker (Style 2.0, Sport 2.0, & Tough 2.0)
- UPGRADED LOUDER VOLUME - Now capable of a maximum 105db SPL-A volume level. The two 40mm drivers in the front, two 32mm tweeters on the side, and 100x28mm passive radiator in the rear produce crystal clear stereo sound making it the life of any party; outdoors or in.
- TRUE 360 DEGREE SOUND - Featuring true 360° sound speakers with an 8-degree upward tilt for better dispersion, this Bluetooth speaker supports continuous play for up to 10 hours with the built in rechargeable battery; all packed into a portable form factor that’s stylish and easy to take with you everywhere. Charge with the included Micro-USB cable.
- Read more
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!