HyperGear Beast XL - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- ✔️ Made for Adventure With its rugged design, heavy-duty build, and IPX6 certification waterproof, the Beast XL is the perfect travel-friendly sound system. It can withstand splashes, pressurized jets & waves of water. (Product Should Not Be Submerged)
- ✔️ Double-Duty Speakerphone The integrated Wireless Bluetooth noise-cancelling microphone and touch-friendly controls let you quickly take and make calls with the push of a button.
- ✔️ Rugged Perfect for Active Lifestyles & Outdoor Enthusiasts Travel light and leave the charger at home. The 6600mAh battery provides up to 16 hours of wireless playtime on a single charge!
- ✔️ Incredible Sound. Anytime. Anywhere. Best Wirelessly connect with any Bluetooth-enabled device in a 30-ft range to stream music or take calls. Enjoy crystal clear connections and effortless pairing thanks to the latest Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC Technology.
- ✔️ Engineered for High-Fidelity Sound Enjoy studio-quality sound with precision bass and clear acoustic reproduction. This 30W speaker has 5 Dynamic Drivers, 2 Passive Bass Radiators, 2 Acoustic Tweeters, 1 Powerful Subwoofer, and Anti-Distortion Circuitry.
- Read more
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!