Most popular bluetooth speakers
iHome iAVS16 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Amazon alexa is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. Just Ask alexa to play music, control your smart home, hear the news, check weather and more.
- The iAVS16 also allows you to play your music and answer calls over the Bluetooth wireless Connection. Universal 100-240V AC adaptor. Switching power supply works just about anywhere in the world to power your unit
- The iAVS16 is always getting smarter, Spotify voice control, Alexa Calling and messaging and ESP features are coming soon.
- The iAVS16 works great with iHome smartplugs (sold separately), just Ask alexa via your iAVS16 to turn off your lights, turn on a fan, Start the coffee and much more, all from the comfort of our Bed.
- The integrated light bar provides all the familiar alexa-based experience while also allowing for always-on mood lighting with adjustable modes and colors.
- One-touch action buttons provide the quickest way to trigger a Series of events such as controlling your smartplugs and playing a Spotify music.
- Read more
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!