Most popular bluetooth speakers
JBL Boombox - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Made to be the most powerful, portable Bluetooth speaker, JBL boom box delivers monstrous sound along with the hardest hitting bass
- Enjoy music for 24 hours without missing a beat. Battery charging time (hours) - 6.5
- Use the massive 20,000 mAh battery and dual charge out to charge your external devices anytime and keep music rocking
- Rugged enough to handle your wildest tailgate party, the JBL boom box is IPX7 waterproof, which withstand any weather and even the most epic pool parties
- Incorporated four active transducers and two JBL bass radiators, JBL boom box delivers monstrous sound along with hardest hitting bass that you will not only hear but also see
- Read more
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!