Soundcore Flare - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- ALL-AROUND SOUND: Dual drivers arranged back-to-back in combination with passive bass radiators deliver intense 360° sound. Make sure everybody in the room gets a stage-side experience as the music pumps, the lights pulse, and the party rocks. PCMag.com calls it the "Best Budget Wireless Speaker of 2018".
- BREATHTAKING BASS: With BassUP Technology a customized digital signal processor first analyzes, then enhances your music's bass frequencies in real time. This audio signal is then turned into intensified sound via state-of-the-art neodymium drivers.
- SOUND AND LIGHT IN HARMONY: Watch a halo of LEDs phase, pulse, and shine with the rhythm of your music for a completely immersive audiovisual experience from a portable speaker. 5 customizable modes tailor the atmosphere to suit your mood.
- DOUBLE THE POWER: Connect 2 Flare speakers via a single Bluetooth device. Go stereo for an expansive listening experience that puts you all center-stage, or go into boost mode and double the power for an intense hit of light and sound.
- POOL PARTY PROOF: No matter where the music needs to be, Flare is suited up and ready. Super-safe IP67 waterproof protection effortlessly withstands dust, spills, rain, and even complete submersion in water.
- Read more
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!