Most Popular Routers
NETGEAR AC1750 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Genie app offers full admin customization
- Modular design
- Superior signal strength
- Cant upgrade antennas
Netgear is one of the major brands out there producing high quality routers. Netgear's newly released R6400 AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router is the successor to the R6300v2 which was released back in 2013. The R6400 is a mid-range router that supports up to 450Mbps on the 2.4Ghz frequency band and up to 1300Mbps on the 5Ghz frequency band. To the layman this means this is the perfect router for a large house or those people like me with gaming, home theater, and home office setups in need of reliable wireless connectivity.
Reminiscent of Tron, this router is using the same exterior design as the popular R7000 AC1900 Nighthawk in the R6400 but they have left the internal hardware relatively the same as its predecessor. This router model is not part of the Nighthawk series and just replaces the R6300v2 at the same price but with a markedly better performance. It has 3 external antennas that use Beamforming+ technology (no not Scotty beaming you up) that maximizes quality, range, and minimizes dead spots around its radius. The best thing about this router is its Genie App. This allows you to fully control and customize your network from a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone. The only letdown is that you can detach and upgrade the antennas but this is minor.
All in all, this is a great purchase and is highly recommended for people with large homes, gaming and theater setups and those who have home office setups. The price is reasonable enough at just over $100 so what are you waiting for?Read full review Hide full review
- AC1750 Wi-Fi
- One USB 3.0 Port
- One USB 2.0 Port
- ReadyCLOUD USB Access
- Parental Controls
NETGEAR AC1750 is a very popular option in the middle of the routers price range. It has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Luma Home Wi-Fi System or AmpliFi Mesh Point HD .
NETGEAR AC1750 was released in 2015. There are a lot of newer routers on the market. Show newer Routers
NETGEAR AC1750 is $1.10 more expensive than an average router ($107.99).
- Compatible with Amazon Echo/Alexa - Control your home network using voice commands.
- AC1750 WiFi-450+1300 Mbps speeds and high-power external antennas
- Dual band-Reduces interference for better connections to more WiFi devices.
- Get up and running in minutes using your mobile device with the NETGEAR Up app.
- Advanced QoS-Optimized for smooth HD streaming and gaming.
- Beamforming+ improves range & performance plus High powered amplifiers & antennas to extend your Wi-Fi coverage
- Parental Controls - Web filtering for all your connected devices
- NETGEAR genie App - Enjoy more of your connected home. Now with remote access
- One (1) USB 2.0 port. Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps-(1 WAN & 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Read more