Most Popular Streaming Players
Globmall X4 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Media streamers come in two types: TV sticks or TV boxes. Generally speaking, there are a few main differences between the two. The most obvious one is size. TV sticks are much more unobtrusive because they plug into the back of your TV. Boxes need to sit on a shelf or on top of the TV. Second, sticks are generally less expensive than boxes. On the other hand, they usually do not have the same advanced capabilities as boxes, both in speed and in available content. That’s the trade off. Finally, boxes tend to come with more connections and better remotes, though the differences here only matter for specific situations, such as a desire to plug your TV box directly into your AV receiver through an optical audio output. If you don’t use an AV receiver or can use the receiver’s HDMI connection, this won’t matter to you.Hide
The different network connections available for media streamers includes Ethernet, wireless/Wi-FI, Bluetooth, satellite, aerial/cable, and AirPlay. Most all media streamers will have Wi-Fi. If you have high speed Wi-Fi wherever you plan to use the device, this will suffice. However, a more reliable connection option would be Ethernet directly to your router. For that, you would need a TV box. AirPlay is another option for streaming content, but it only works on Apple devices. AirPlay allows you to push video and audio to your TV from another AirPlay device (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.) if you have an Apple TV.
Finally, some media streamers (usually TV boxes) come with the ability to connect to your cable or satellite services and stream content over broadband, though most people purchase TV boxes and sticks because they want to get rid of cable/satellite. Still, if you want one device to rule your entire TV experience, a TV box with this capability will do the trick.Hide
The different outputs or device connections include HDMI, digital optical audio output, USB, SD or microSD. TV sticks will connect to your TV through HDMI, but won’t contain any outputs (except for power to the wall or the TV’s USB input). TV boxes can come with several other outputs, such as a digital optical audio output for connecting directly to your AV receiver for sound output. It may also have a USB connection for plugging in your own media. And, there may be slots for SD or microSD cards to expand the total storage of your device. This comes in handy if you plan to store music, recorded programs or downloaded content (e.g., movies and TV shows) on the device.Hide
- 🔥[LATEST ANDROID 7.1.2 OS] Comes with the latest Android 7.1.2 operation system, which is more efficient, safer and faster than Android 6.0, you can enjoy millions of the latest apps. Built-in Bluetooth 4.0, keep the quiet in the house while you listen as loud as you like with the Bluetooth headphones.
- 🔥[2GB RAM & 16GB eMMC FLASH] 2GB DDR3 RAM, 4 times faster than the 1 GB DDR3, easy access to watch TV and media effortlessly over the internet.The 16GB internal storage with 32GB maximum extended capacity gives you space and freedom to install apps without having to always worry about running out of space.
- 🔥[More Colorful and Clearly in Every Detail] H.265 decoding occupies, takes up less bandwidth (about 50%) compared to H.264. HDMI 2.0 video playback expands the bandwidth of 18 Gbps bandwidth for HD video streaming more fluently. True 4K*2K (x4 canSupports HDR10 and HLG HDR processing) enables you to watch your favorite movies and live stream at vivid and smooth playback,which is 4 times of full HD 1080 P.
- 🔥[Enhanced Performance] Featuring the latest Quad-Core Cortex CPU, and a Penta-Core HD Graphics GPU, which make sure the Globmall X4 runs stably and loads movies, pictures, and games without buffering, no need to wait for a wonderful moment.
- 🔥[1 Year Warranty and Technical Support] Globmall provide 30-day no reason return and 1 year warranty for every Android TV Box. Feel free to contact us whenever a question pops up in your head, we are always here to help.
- Read more