Most Popular Streaming Players
Nexbox A95X - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Very cheap
- Easy to use
- Unable to be rooted
- Inconsistent network performance
- 4k is unbearable
- No third party streaming services
This little guy being the best seller in Amazon last 2016 I was curious to see what the hype was all about. I had mixed feelings when I was looking at this one but best read below for more details.
On the budget friendly side of the Android TV Box market is the Nexbox A95X. Out of the box its got that cheap plasticky look with a dash of red in the corner as all Nexbox products. It comes with an IR Remote, a user manual, HDMI 2.0 cable, and a DC power adapter. Its wired connectivity is robust which is great. Aside from the DC power jack it has 2 USB ports, an AV port and an SPDIF coaxial port as well as an HDMI and LAN port.
Other Chinese boxes are mostly rooted and sadly that's not the case here. Rooting is especially important if you want the ability to grant permission to apps to run on the device. Meaning no new apps can be integrated which sucks. SD and HD video playing is all good but even if its advertised as a 4k box, dont do it as 4k is barely watchable here. It also doesnt have access to other streaming providers such as YouTube, NetFlix, Hulu, to name a few which is puzzling. Overall the UI and the device runs stable at least but its just lacking so much and the performance is just "meh".
It is cheap, and I mean Chinese level cheap. At below the $50.00 range this still disappoints me as it gives us a bare-bones TV Box experience mixed with several annoyances that are deal breakers. I think this is what drew Amazon buyers to purchase this, I bet this was also the most returned though. Buy a Roku instead, the price is close and the experience is so much better.Read full review Hide full review
- Android 6.0
- Amlogic S905X
- Quad Core 3D
- 4K HD Support
- 2.4G Wi-Fi
- Works up to 20 ft signal distance
- Rechargeable battery
- Plug receiver and play
Nexbox A95X is a very popular option on the lower end of the price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling streaming players and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Leelbox Q2 Mini or Rominetak T95M .
Nexbox A95X was released last year in January. There are dozens of newer streaming players on the market. Show newer Streaming Players
Nexbox A95X is $34.98 cheaper than the average streaming player ($80.97).
- With newest chip Amlogic S905X, Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, A95X could run many games, play unlimited movies, TV shows, music without freezing and buffering
- Latest android 6.0 ready, enable a great compatibility of software, games and application programs.Easy to use and carry out with the small and smart design, it has everything you needed inside, USB 2.0*2, Wifi IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2.4G, LAN, Spdif, HDMI, TF Card slot.
- Supporting both H.265(HEVC) and VP9 decoding, runs faster than the normal S905 chipset, users can enjoy faster read & write speed and make the TV BOX run more stable and smoothly. It could also support HDR Vivid World, users can also watch videos in detail like never before with select HDR content. Witness scenes and characters come to life in vivid contrast, color, and clarity.
- It is a practical home product,you can enjoy all your favorite movies and shows and playing thousands of android games in a large screen smoothly. Install your favorite apps and enjoy advanced technology.With built in BT 4.0, you can connect Game-pads to have more fun for games.
- Equipped with Ethernet and 2.4GHz WiFi, you will never have to worry slow download speeds or running wires which makes installation a breeze.
- Read more
- With KODI for playing almost all latest audio and video formats.
- Dolby plus DTS audio encoding for dynamic sound