Most Popular Streaming Players
Roku Express - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- The most channels available in the price range
- Sluggish menu navigation
- Remote requires line of sight
I've done quite a few Roku reviews by now and generally haven't been let down. Roku offers a range of products that are available for all price ranges, and viewing needs. Now we will be looking at the Roku Express, Roku's entry-level device that is the cheapest, and also the least advanced in terms of firepower.
This box is tiny, at 0.7 by 3.4 by 1.4 inches (HWD) and weighs just 1.3 ounces. This has a strip of silicone tape so you can mount it on a surface. The backside has an HDMI port, a micro USB port, and a pinhole reset button. It's powered using the micro USB port and the included micro USB cable and wall adapter. This can only support HDMI by the way, and wont work on analog TV's. You need to put the box in front of your TV since the remote needs a line of sight to work.
This box will provide you all the streaming services outside of Apple's, including Amazon, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, Netflix, Sling, and Twitch, along with loads of other channels available both for free and as premium purchases or subscriptions in your area. The OS is still classic and easy to navigate although given the size of the device, hardware is limited so its clunkier and stutters at times. But your shows and movies will play just fine but no UHD or 4k capability so don't expect this.
The price though is remarkable given the limitations of the device, at just around $30, you truly get - if not more than - what you pay for compared to its counterparts. And this makes whatever shortcomings in a sense forgivable. But of course you will need to invest more on the higher end of the Roku spectrum if you want your mind blown.Read full review Hide full review
- Delivers fast HD streaming
- No monthly rental fees
Roku Express is a very popular option at the bottom of the price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling streaming players and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Roku Express+ or Eshowee A95X .
Roku Express was released in 2007. There are dozens of newer streaming players on the market. Show newer Streaming Players
Roku Express is $44.91 cheaper than the average streaming player ($69.90).
- The Roku Express delivers fast HD streaming at an incredible price.
- There are no monthly rental fees for owning a Roku Express-it's so affordable, you can make every TV in your home smart.
- Because Roku Express is from Roku, you'll get great features like an easy-to-use remote, simple navigation, and unbiased search across top channels.
- Roku Express - HD Streaming Player does not include composite cables
- Refer manual before use for troubleshooting steps
- Read more
- Amazon Prime or Instant Video
- Midnight Mode
- Smartphone remote controlled
- Voice search
- Internet radio playback
- Internet video playback