Most Popular Streaming Players
Roku Premiere plus - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
Roku Premiere plus
With some small improvements being made every release, Roku is good at producing solid reliable workhorses for our TV entertainment needs. That being said the Premiere Plus is familiar, solid, reliable, but not that all special and well find out why.
It has the classic black hockey puck-ish design that blends in to your entertainment system. It has the same old user interface, a channel store featuring Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube, Crunchyroll, Plex and Pandora, Spotify and HBO Go among others. And speaking of the interface, the OS is a performer indeed and is well built, no bugs or streaming issues that stop you from enjoying your experience, and the search function works extremely well. Just make sure your Wi-Fi and internet connection is strong enough to handle HDR and 4k and you're all set. Roku isn't known for it's exclusive content, but it does everything else reliably, including playing your video files on a microSD card using the Roku Media Player and using a headphone jack if you want a little privacy. The setup is a breeze and it automatically detects and integrates 5.1 speaker systems.
But it does have some features that nip at the heels. The UI is classic but feels dated, and the ads that scroll down in the foreground - on your home screen and screensaver no less - is irritating. TV and speaker integration does have a few quirks but backing out of the menu and trying again works so this is just a minor annoyance. The remote can confuse you at first because of the Roku's unorthodox navigation. Search does not extend into all apps such as Plex which uses a separate online index. And there are a certain lack of features which are in its contemporaries, they are markedly more expensive to be fair.
Below $100 this is the best 4k and HDR streaming device period. If you are into exclusive content or other fancier features you will not like this. But for those on a budget who would like to enjoy their TV experience, this is the best one out there by far in this price range.
- Solid 4K HDR performance
- Easy to use and setup
- Private listening
- Stale interface
- Design isnt special
For the ultimate television experience, Roku Premiere Plus is here especially for HD and 4K Ultra HD TV sets. It gives you access to more than 450,000 movies and TV shows as well as 45,000 channels, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and Sling TV. The remote is truly amazing; you can point anywhere in the room and it will still work fine.
- Colorful HDR display for all TVs, especially for HD and 4K Ultra HD televisions
- Featuring 802.11ac dual band wireless and quad-core processor for clear pictures
- Four times the resolution of a normal 1080p HD television, especially for 4K HD Ultra TVs
- Vivid, larger-than-life clear images all the time
- Ability to provide private listening with the remote control for your convenience
- Remote control that works while pointed anywhere in the room
- Searches for top channels unbiased
- Elegant, sleek design that blends easily with room décor and television set of any brand
- Access to 450,000+ movies and TV series
- Access to 45,000+ national and international channels
- Streaming player that works with Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, PBS Kids, Sling TV, HBO Now and VUDU
- Easy to search titles and channels
- Can be streamed with a smart phone or a tablet
- Smart phone can be used as a remote with a downloadable app
- 2 months of HULU subscription free with every purchase
- Does not sync with iTunes or iTV
- Perfect for HD and 4K Ultra HD TVs
- Fast quad-core processor
- 802.11ac dual-band wireless
- 4K Ultra HD at 60fps
- Four times the resolution of 1080p HD
- Vibrant HDR
Roku Premiere plus is a top selling option in the middle of the streaming players price range. It's a #1 bestseller in streaming players category and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Roku 4 or Eshowee M8S PRO .
Roku Premiere plus was released last year in October. We don't know any streaming players that are newer on the market.
Roku Premiere plus is $14.95 more expensive than the average streaming player ($60).
- Perfect for HD and 4K Ultra HD TVs, features fast quad-core processor and 802.11ac dual-band wireless.
- 4K Ultra HD at 60fps with four times the resolution of 1080p HD, delivering crisp detail and brilliant, life-like images.
- Vibrant HDR displaying an incredible range of colors, brighter whites, and deeper blacks.
- Enhanced point anywhere remote with headphones for private listening.
- Unbiased search across top channels. Find where it's free or cheapest to watch.
- Read more