Most popular fitness trackers
Comparing Fitbit Alta HR and Fitbit Blaze
- Apple MacOS X 10.6 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista or later
- Stair climbing
- Stair climbing
- Weight lifting
The type of display or screen on fitness trackers varies widely by brand and price point—from a few LED lights to full color touchscreens. The main benefit of a screen is being able to read the time and your fitness stats any time of the day without needing to open an app on your phone or plug the tracker into your computer. This could be a positive or negative—some people prefer not to see progress and feel rewarded when they finally look at results and meet their goal. Others need a constant reminder of their status to push them to reach their goals. It’s totally up to you.
Oftentimes, you can also read smartphone notifications on a screen, depending on how advanced the tracker is. Every tracker will differ on what information is shown on the display, whether it’s the time, steps, heart rate, or other goals. Some will be a touchscreen, some will not. These aspects mainly affect ease of use, and will vary in importance by person. Finally, a display will also drain your battery more quickly, and come with a higher price tag.
For fitness trackers, batteries vary widely. Some trackers have rechargeable batteries that last anywhere from hours to days. Others take coin cell batteries like you would find a regular watch, which last a few months to a year. Needing to purchase and replace batteries can be a hassle… but so can plugging in your device every five or so days via USB cable to recharge it. Remembering to take the device off, charge it, and then remembering to put it back on, can seriously interrupt your fitness routine, especially if you’re worried you’ll forget it. Plys, if you want consistent sleep tracking, you don’t want to be charging it overnight. Both options have advantages and disadvantages to keep in mind while you compare options.
- Auto sleep tracking
- Calendar, text and call alerts
- Sedentary reminders
- Cardio fitness level
- Auto exercise recognition
- Interchangeable bands/straps
- Available frames and accessory bands are sold separately
- Sedentary reminder
- Multi-Sport modes
- Summary for workout goals
- Music control
- The minimum and maximum circumference range between 170 206 mm. Alta hr contains a bluetooth 4.0 radio transceiver. Operating temperature is minus 10 to 45 degree celsius
- Get the power of continuous heart rate in Fitbit's slimmest design yet all day, ... Read more
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-trai... Read more
Deals up to 80%
Millions of products go on sale every day. Who has time to keep track of it all? We do, for your convenience.