Most popular fitness trackers
Comparing Fitbit Charge 2 and Polar M400
Fitbit Charge 2
- iOS 8.0 or later
- Android 4.3 or later
- Stair climbing
- Weight lifting
The type of display or screen on fitness trackers varies widely by brand and price point—from a few LED lights to full color touchscreens. The main benefit of a screen is being able to read the time and your fitness stats any time of the day without needing to open an app on your phone or plug the tracker into your computer. This could be a positive or negative—some people prefer not to see progress and feel rewarded when they finally look at results and meet their goal. Others need a constant reminder of their status to push them to reach their goals. It’s totally up to you.
Oftentimes, you can also read smartphone notifications on a screen, depending on how advanced the tracker is. Every tracker will differ on what information is shown on the display, whether it’s the time, steps, heart rate, or other goals. Some will be a touchscreen, some will not. These aspects mainly affect ease of use, and will vary in importance by person. Finally, a display will also drain your battery more quickly, and come with a higher price tag.
For fitness trackers, batteries vary widely. Some trackers have rechargeable batteries that last anywhere from hours to days. Others take coin cell batteries like you would find a regular watch, which last a few months to a year. Needing to purchase and replace batteries can be a hassle… but so can plugging in your device every five or so days via USB cable to recharge it. Remembering to take the device off, charge it, and then remembering to put it back on, can seriously interrupt your fitness routine, especially if you’re worried you’ll forget it. Plys, if you want consistent sleep tracking, you don’t want to be charging it overnight. Both options have advantages and disadvantages to keep in mind while you compare options.
- Includes charging cable
- Heart rate sensor
- Splashproof & sweatproof
- Free web and app services
- Sedentary reminder
- PurePulse continuous, automatic wrist based heart rate tracking to better measure calorie burn all day; Operating temperature: 14 degree to 113 degree fahrenheit, Maximum operating altitude: 30,000 feet
- Maximize your workouts using simplified heart rate zones (Fat Burn, Cardio and Peak); Charge 2 syncs wirelessly & automatically to 200+ iPhone, Android and Windows devices; Water Resistance : Fitbit Charge 2 is sweat, rain and splash proof; However, the device is not swim proof or shower proof
- See call, text & calendar notifications on the OLED display; Automatically track how long and how well you sleep and wake with a silent vibrating alarm; Troubleshoot If not getting a heart rate signal, wear your tracker correctly, either moving it higher or lower on your wrist or tightening or loosening the band; If the heart rate signal is still missing, check your heart rate setting on your fitbit dashboard and make sure its set to on or auto
- Get a better understanding of your fitness level and see how you can improve over time with a personalized Cardio Fitness Score; Use Connected GPS during run mode to see real time stats like pace and distance on your wrist
- Track all day activity like steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes;Find moments of calm throughout your day with personalized guided breathing sessions based on your heart rate, Like all heart rate tracking technologies, accuracy is affected by physiology, location of device, and different movements
- Sync stats wireless & automatically to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices; The minimum and maximum circumference range between 170 to 206 millimeters
- Read more
- GPS WATCH: Built-in GPS technology keeps track of your pace, distance and altitude
- FITNESS TRACKER: Tracks your workouts, steps, distance, calories burned, sleep quality, and activity 24/7
- WATERPROOF FITNESS TRAINER: Use the fitness tracking watch to keep an eye on your running cadence to improve your running efficiency and avoid injuries in all weather conditions
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Compatible with H7 Heart Rate sensor to train at the right intensity with target heart rate zones
- SOCIAL SMARTWATCH: Plan, sync and share your training using the Polar Flow app and web service
- Read more
Deals up to 80%
Millions of products go on sale every day. Who has time to keep track of it all? We do, for your convenience.