Comparing Brother MFCL6800DW and HP LaserJet Pro M426fdn
Customers like HP LaserJet Pro M426fdn a bit moreHP LaserJet Pro M426fdn, the cheaper option, tends to get more favorable reviews than Brother MFCL6800DW. In our awesomeness score HP LaserJet Pro M426fdn ranks #82 out of 286 and Brother MFCL6800DW ranks #93 out of 286.
Go to awesomeness ranking Go to consumer score ranking
HP LaserJet Pro M426fdn is more popular
Go to popularity ranking
|Table: Top compared alternatives for Brother MFCL6800DW and HP LaserJet Pro M426fdn|
|HP M479fdw||$819||Cheaper More Popular Better Reviews|
|HP M479fdn||$969||Cheaper Better Reviews|
|Brother HL-L6200DWT||$800||Cheaper Better Reviews|
- LARGE, EXPANDABLE PAPER CAPACITY: MFCL6800DW laser all-in-one has 570-sheet paper capacity that can be expanded to 2650 sheets with optional trays.
- AUTO DUPLEX CAPABILITIES: Auto duplex printing plus the 80-page capacity auto document feeder offers duplex (two-sided) scanning and copying.
- Read more
- ALL IN ONE LASER PRINTER: Monochrome laser printer, scanner, copier, fax, two-sided duplex printing, built-in Ethernet connectivity, 3-inch color touchscreen, 50-sheet auto document feeder.
- FAST PRINT SPEED: print up to 40 pages per minute. First page out in as fast as 5.4 seconds.
- Read more
- Oficio (8.5 x 13 in)
- B5 (JIS)
- Oficio (216 x 340 mm)
- 16K (195 x 270 mm)
- 16K (184 x 260 mm)
- 16K (197 x 273 mm)
- Japanese Postcard
- Double Japan Postcard Rotated
- Envelope #10
- Envelope Monarch
- Envelope B5
- Envelope C5
- Envelope DL
- Custom Size
- 4 x 6 in
- 5 x 8 in
- B6 (JIS)
- 10 x 15 in
- Plain Paper
The four main functions of printers are: printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing. Either your device will be print only, print/scan/copy, or an all-in-one printer that does printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Note that scanning and copying almost always come together, since the hardware for these features overlaps significantly. Generally speaking, all-in-one printers are larger, so those with space constraints may find this to be an inconvenience. Additionally, printers with a fax feature are typically more expensive. It would be wise to only consider this feature if you plan to fax often. If not, you’ll be satisfied with a print/scan/copy device.
- Scan-to-network folder
- HP ePrint
- Apple AirPrint
- Google Cloud Print 2.0
- Mobile Apps
Printers with an LCD screen/display give you the option to control some settings directly on the printer, such as a one-touch print, scan, copy, or fax. You may also be able to adjust print quality, preview the print job, and/or view connection settings. Some screens are programmed to offer setup instructions for easy installation. For those who are not particularly tech savvy, this could be helpful.
LCD screens can be color or black and white, touchscreen or not, and vary in size across brands and models. The larger the touch screen, usually the easier it is to use the controls.
- Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing
- 0.03W / 1.8W / 8.9W / 36W / 680W
- Printing = 583 W
- Ready = 9.1 W
- Sleep = 2.7 W
- Manual Off = 0.1 W