Most popular vacuum cleaners
Comparing Dewalt Dxv10P and Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2
- Sturdy 10 gallon dual-stage wet/dry Vac has quieter operation for clean-up applications.
- Powerful 5.5 peak horsepower motor provides just the amount of suction needed to most any cleanup job
- Ultra durable rubberized casters allow smooth swiveling for ease of movement
- Read more
- Self adjusting cleaner head seals in suction across carpet, wood, vinyl, and tile floors
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Read more
Dewalt Dxv10P ranks #25 and Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 ranks #250 in consumer scores.
Customers like Dewalt Dxv10P moreDewalt Dxv10P, the cheaper option, tends to get more favorable reviews than Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 [ 4.6 vs 4.1 ]. In our awesomeness score Dewalt Dxv10P ranks #15 out of 693 and Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 ranks #223 out of 693.
Go to awesomeness ranking Go to consumer score ranking
Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 is more popular
Go to popularity ranking
There are two major types of vacuums: bagged or bagless. Bagged vacuums collect all dirt and debris into a bag, which must be changed every time it’s full. These bags are typically better at collecting allergens that irritate asthma and allergies. Plus, bagged vacuums are easier to empty, but they do require you to purchase new bags on an ongoing basis.
Bagless vacuums collect dirt and debris into a dustbin or canister, which is emptied when it’s full. Though there are no bags, and therefore no ongoing investment, the downside is that this style can be difficult to empty and oftentimes scatters dust when you’re dumping the bin if you’re not careful.
In addition, the maximum capacity of the dustbin or bag will vary widely based on vacuum type. Regardless of type, a good vacuum also includes an indicator when the bin/bag is full. In bagless vacuums, the dustbin is usually see-through, so you can tell when its full. For bagged vacuums, it’s especially helpful to have a full bag light or sound indication when it’s time to empty the bag.
Keep in mind the size of your home and its rooms when you consider the length of the vacuum’s cord. Longer cords will allow you to vacuum longer without needing to move to another outlet. The average cord length is around 5 meters or 15 feet, though some brands and models will have cords up to 10 meters/30 feet. If you live in a small apartment, cord length probably isn’t a huge concern for you. However, longer cords will help you clean larger homes and rooms more quickly and with fewer interruptions from moving outlet to outlet. Also, retractable cords are easier to store, especially if you have a longer cord length, which is something to consider.
- Ergonomic Waterproof Switch
- Rubber Caster Wheel
- Sturdy Handle
- Whole-machine HEPA filtration
- Radial Root Cyclone technology
- Smooth action release feature for wand and hose
- Ball technology