Most popular headphones
Comparing Sennheiser RS 175 and Sennheiser RS 185
Sennheiser RS 175
Sennheiser RS 185
How do they compare?
With either the Sennheiser RS 175 or the RS 185, you will get better external noise reduction and sound quality than you standard Bluetooth headphones or earbuds. While both have solid features, these headphones belong to different user categories. The RS 175 has a closed system, which is purely intended for home use, while the RS 185 has an open-air advanced system, which is a wireless choice for serious listeners. Neither of these headphone have mics - they are not designed for video gaming online.
According to customer reviews, the RS 175 is a solid headphone system with a crystal-clear audio transmission ranging up to 328ft/100m. At the same time, some users claim they are having problems with signal interruptions between walls or furniture, so you may have to rearrange your home sound system a little if you encounter issues. They also do not offer the same sound customization options as the 185, and are reported to have a lower sound quality (not nearly as much bass) and are not as comfortable due to the closed ear cup style (much more heat build up). However, they still offer a better sound than your typical Bluetooth headphones and they will get the job done in providing a relaxing movie or game experience.
The critically acclaimed RS 185 gained its popularity thanks to an excellent transmission standard that never stutters, even through walls. These headphones are also praised for having a strong battery life providing up to 18 hours of operating time when fully charged. The transmitter can be used to connect multiple headsets, so that you and a friend can listen to music or watch a movie together, and the biggest advantage is that you can customize the sound to turn up the volume of the dialogue or turn down loud bassy music. Serious movie and game lovers feel that they are definitely worth the extra cost.
Both headphone systems are not only in separate user categories but also in different price classes. Be ready to pay at least 100$ more for the advantages of RS 185, but in the long run, having more sound options, better overall quality, and a better signal transmitter is worth the extra expense.
- Audiophile style open back, circumaural headphone system with excellent digital wireless audio transmission delivering range up to 328ft/100m (line of sight)
- High-performance Sennheiser transducers deliver precise, detailed and dynamic sound
- Multi-purpose transmitter supports both Digital and Analog Inputs in addition Automatic and Manual Level Control - also functions as 'easy-charge' cradle and docking station for the headphones
- Multi-receiver transmission - transmitter supports up to two pairs of headphones simultaneously (optional HDR 185, sold separately)
- Two year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer. Signal-to-noise ratio: [Analog input] ALC typ. 85 dBA at 1 Vrms, MLC ≥ 90 dBA, [Digital input] > 90 dBA
- Read more
Deals up to 80%
Millions of products go on sale every day. Who has time to keep track of it all? We do, for your convenience.