Most popular bluetooth speakers
Comparing Bose S1 Pro and JBL Boombox
- Big sound from a rugged speaker that goes where you do
- This portable Bluetooth PA system is made for parties, outdoor get-together, and all those times that deserve better sound
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing and inputs for a microphone or musical instrument such as a keyboard or guitar
- Read more
- [8 / 10 reviews] High Quality Sound. Majority of previous users are satisfied with the sound quality of this speaker. Reviewers have used it both indoors and outdoors, and the sound quality was the same everywhere.
- [8 / 10 reviews] Loud Sound. Most users are satisfied with the loud sound emitted by this speaker. The sound is described as loud enough for a large group of people to hear perfectly.
- [8 / 10 reviews] Portable Size. The fact that this speaker is portable is quite helpful to users who has to carry it with them for work or pleasure.
- [3 / 10 reviews] Long Battery Life. Many reviewers praised the long life of the batteries. Note: A number of reviewers have also complained about the short-lived batteries that don't last more than a few hours with a full charge. Other reviewers have also complained that the batteries needed replacement after a few weeks (see below).
- Less frequently mentioned positive points: Battery-operated and Plugged-in, Can be Mounted on a Stand, Fast Charging, Easy Setup, Both indoor/Outdoor Use, Built-in Mixer
- [6 / 10 reviews] High Price. The main complaint about this speaker is its high price. Many users have complained that they expected better sound quality and service for the price they paid. Note: Most were satisfied with the quality of the speaker based on the price
- [4 / 10 reviews] Unsatisfactory Bass. Another common complaint is regarding the bass quality of the speaker.
- [3 / 10 reviews] Short Battery Life. Some previous users were dissatisfied about the short battery life of the speaker. The battery, in most cases, died out after a few hours even with a full charge.
- Less frequently mentioned negative points: Short-lived Battery, Low Max Sound
- [7 / 10 reviews] Crystal Clear Sound. The verdict is almost unanimous on the sound quality of this speaker. Almost all previous users mentioned how the sound is crystal clear and impressive.
- [5 / 10 reviews] Deep Bass Sound. This speaker from JBL is also satisfactory in terms of the deep bass sound it produces. Whether played indoors or outdoors, the bass sound of these speakers have impressed users.
- [4 / 10 reviews] Long Lasting Battery. This is a rechargeable speaker and most users are satisfied with the long-lasting battery.
- [6 / 10 reviews] Loud Sound. Users who have used this speaker both inside and outdoors are satisfied with the loud sound it produces. The sound is loud enough to play music in a party or fill a large room.
- [5 / 10 reviews] Waterproof. Most users also liked that this speaker is waterproof, especially when they had played it in the pool area.
- Less frequently mentioned positive points: Convenient carrying case, Perfect surround sound, Can also be used as a soundbar, Easy to set up, Easy to Carry
- [2 / 10 reviews] Low Max Volume. A few customers have not been satisfied with the volume of the speaker. Note: Most users have actually been satisfied with the sound quality of this speaker, even when they have played it outside in a party.
- [2 / 10 reviews] Unhelpful customer support. Unfortunately, a few users have not had the help from the customer support when they needed it.
- [3 / 10 reviews] Charging Problem. This was actually a common complaint, as the speaker had suddenly stopped charging after a few weeks.
- [3 / 10 reviews] High Price. A common complaint was about the price of the speaker, which is on the high side.
- Less frequently mentioned negative points: Needs a Firmware update, Bass Sound isn't Satisfactory, Not satisfactory sound quality, Problem with the Power button
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!