Most Popular Inkjet Printers
HP Envy 7640 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
HP Envy 7640
- Clear and colored touch screen
- Front USB and card media slot
- Quick and easy setup
- Slow transition between jobs
- Slow scanning and copying
- Just one ink cartridge for all colors
Printers are an essential tool in today’s modern digital lifestyle. HP released a printer that would pioneer its Instant Ink program – a subscription for ink specifically used for HP printers – and this is the Envy 7640.
HP's Envy 7640 has a modern design. Designed for the home rather than the office, the HP Envy 7640 has a raven black exterior that makes it look at wherever you put it. At 19.8 x 7.9 x 7.6 inches and just 16.9 pounds, it takes up less space than most of its competitors in the same category.
Setting up the Envy is extremely easy, just above 3 minutes till your first print. Its features include a 25-sheet document feeder, fax support and the ability to print passport-size photos. It has a large 3.5-inch touch screen, which is bright, clear and simple to use when paired with the machine’s navigation buttons. This printer is ideal for less tech savvy people as the ease of use is apparent.
It has a 25 sheet document feeder and a paper tray that holds 80 sheets, not quite as many as its competitors in the same price range who average at 100 sheets. It also doesn’t have a numeric keypad, so it isn't the best choice for someone with heavy fax output. A USB and card reader in the front allows for quick direct access as well.
The machine itself is rather slow, with a wait from 8 to 10 seconds from initiating the print to it actually printing, scanning or copying. And never cancel a print job. This will cause the machine to pause up to 5 minutes before it can start a new job. This is an eternity if you’re in a rush. But thankfully the printing itself is slightly above average at around 12 seconds for black and white, and just about 4 minutes on a 5 page color graphics test. The scans are slightly below average at around 1 minute. The copying on the other hand was the weakest at 1 to 2 minutes to copy a document. The Ink yield and cost is remarkably low but this compromises the image quality.
All in this all this is hard to recommend to people who are serious about their office needs. It has its strengths but its weaknesses are crippling especially compared to its Canon and Epson counterparts in the same price range. Its ease of use would make it a good gift to elderly folks though.Read full review Hide full review
- Copy, scan, fax
- Wireless printing
- Two-sided duplex printing
- Color touchscreen
- Instant Ink enabled
- Mobile printing
- 25-page automatic document feeder
- Automatic two-sided printing
- Snap. Print. Enjoy - print photos from your smartphone or tablet in three easy steps and laser-quality documents from your connected-PC with wired and wireless networking options. Print with just a touch from your NFC-enabled mobile device.
- Save up to 50% on ink with optional HP Instant Ink replacement service - the low-cost way to print everything you need with confidence. Original HP Ink is ordered by your printer and delivered to your door so you'll always have it.
- Help your family accomplish more with this full-featured HP ENVY e-all-in-one. Print from your mobile devices, create lab-quality photos and laser-quality documents with ease, and breeze through multipage copy, scan, and fax tasks.
- Use only Original HP Ink in your HP printer for great results, print after print
- This HP Printer is compatible with Windows 10 (printer driver update may be required)
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
- Read more
- 3 in x 5 in
- 3.95 in x 5.9 in
- 4 in x 6 in
- 5 in x 7 in
- 8 in x 10 in
- Glossy Photo Paper
- Matte Photo Paper
- Plain Paper
- Inkjet Paper
- Recycled Paper
- Scan to email, scan to file, scan to email, scan to SD card
- USB Cable
- Windows 8
- Memory card
- 1.55 watts sleep mode
- 5.04 watts standby mode