Most Popular Inkjet Printers
HP OfficeJet 4650 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
HP OfficeJet 4650
HP has released an all in one solution to the mid-range of their client base, the home and small business. The OfficeJet 4650 all in one printer boast one of the lowest costs per page, only at 3.3 cents, thanks to HP’s Instant Ink replacement program and we’ll see in a bit if this is all good since if the quality of the image is severely hampered by this, there’s just no point.
At 17.5 inches wide, 22.2 inches long, and just under 8 inches tall and weighing 14.4 pounds, this is not a large printer—especially considering everything that it can do. It has a 35-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF) that feeds to the scanner. Unfortunately, the ADF is not auto-duplexing; you’ll have to flip double-sided documents manually to scan. But the printer itself prints on two sides automatically. Compared to others of the same size, the print speed is about the same, which is slow. Just about 4 pages per minute but the print quality is good and this is more of a personal use printer so the speed isn’t a deciding factor. Paper handling is an issue as a 100 sheet input tray feeds to a tiny 25 sheet output tray and you need to configure the input tray every time you change paper size.
Connectivity is excellent as there are great many ways to connect to this device such as Ethernet, Wi-Fi, HP’s ePrint, Apple’s AirPrint, Google’s Cloud Print, and the vast array of HP’s printer apps.
The price range of this machine and what it can do for you are very well proportioned. This printer is worth the buy at just under $100.00 for your home or small office needs. But be careful as the cost to print per page can skyrocket up to 17 cents per page if you’re using anything but HP’s signature Instant Ink.
- - Cheap
- - Easy to set up and connect to
- - Low cost per page (if using HP Instant Ink)
- - Weak paper handling
- - Slow print speed
- - Cost per page can go way up if not using Instant Ink)
- Copy, scan, fax
- Wireless printing
- Two-sided duplex printing
- Instant Ink enabled
- Mobile printing
- 2-sided printing
- All-in-one fax and automatic document feeder
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, AirPrint, two-sided duplex printing, touchscreen, Instant Ink ready so you'll never run of ink, and more
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your iPhone or iPad with AirPrint, print even without a network using Wireless Direct printing
- 2-sided printing allows you to print on both sides of the page, cutting your paper use by up to 50%
- Laser quality text and brilliant color for all your documents and projects
- Save up to 50% on Ink with HP Instant Ink: ordered by your printer and delivered to your door before you run out (optional subscription required). Use Original HP 63 Ink cartridges to print up to 2x the pages as refilled cartridges
- Fly through tasks with an all-in-one with fax and automatic document feeder
- Paper sizes supported: Letter, legal, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week limited support
- Read more