Most Popular Modems
Netgear C7800 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 compatible
- Easy to setup and configure
- Powerful Wi-Fi signal strength
- Excellent bandwidth management
- Wi-Fi routers more powerful are half the price
- Cable internet speed is limited
If you have a high speed cable internet plan, if you own a small business, or if you have a home with multiple devices sharing the same connection, you might want to consider a Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) modem - router, such as the Netgear Nighthawk X4S Cable Modem Router (C7800).
Out of the box, it carries Netgear's signature "stealth fighter" look for its high end Wi-Fi routers. It comes with its 4 removable external antennas that are detachable so you can but third party antennas to upgrade the range, if in case you will not be satisfied with its already impressive specs. The front of the R7800 has LED indicators that give you the status of your connection. At the rear of router are four Gigabit LAN ports, Coaxial (Cable Internet) port, a Power button, and a reset button. The left side of the router holds two USB 3.0 ports.
The C7800 is a DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 compatible, 802.11ac model with support for MU-MIMO 4x data streaming, which means it can send and receive data to multiple clients at the same time without sacrificing bandwidth. However, each client must contain a MU-MIMO-compatible network adapter in order to take advantage of the technology, which most devices have anyway. It uses a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and is capable of maximum throughput speeds of up to 1Gbps (550Mbps for each 5 GHz spatial stream and up to 250 Mbps for each 2.4 GHz one), and that is indeed fast for cable internet. Setting up and tweaking is super easy and yet extensive with the trademark Netgear Genie web-based manager. Range and coverage was excellent when tested so no worries about its networking capabilities.
It is a little pricey at about $400.00 considering its not as advanced or powerful as broadband / fiber optic Wi-Fi routers that are half the price. but if you are intent on maximizing your home, home office, or small businesses' network, this is the router to go with if you only have cable internet to go with. But hopefully fiber optics will grace your area soon.Read full review Hide full review
- Ultra-high speed DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
- Nighthawk X4S WiFi Router
- DOCSIS 3.1 i
- 32x8 Channel Bonding
- OFDM 2x2 - Enables Gigabit Internet speeds
Netgear C7800 is a very popular and one of the more expensive options. It's in the top 3 bestselling modems and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Netgear AC1600 or Netgear AC1200 .
Netgear C7800 was released this year in May. There are a few newer modems on the market. Show newer Modems
Netgear C7800 is $27.32 more expensive than an average modem ($92.67).
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1750 WiFi Router
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
- Two-in-One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router delivers AC1750 WiFi and up to 680Mbps modem speed^Required for fastest Internet speed tiers offered by XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner MAXX and Cox Premier & Ultimate^Certified to work with Cable Internet Providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services)^ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Approximately $120/year savings^16x4 channel bonding enables up to 680 Mbps download speeds
- Read more
- 1 ft x 10 inches x 3.5 inches - AC1750 WiFi, Cable Gateway
- 12 x 11 x 3.9 inches - AC1900 WiFi, Cable Gateway
- 12 x 10 x 3.2 inches - AC1600 WiFi, Cable Gateway
- 1.2 ft x 12 inches x 4.8 inches - AC3200 WiFi - DOCSIS 3.1, Cable Gateway
- 10 x 11 x 3.6 inches - AC1900 WiFi w/ Voice, Cable Gateway
- 9.2 x 6.1 x 2.2 inches - AC1200 WiFi, Cable Gateway