HP LaserJet M506dn - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Accelerate your work and use less energy. Don’t wait for documents. Print your first page in as few as 8.5 seconds from energy-efficient sleep mode.
- This printer leads its class in low energy use—thanks to its innovative design and toner technology. Speed through jobs on a variety of media. Print two-sided documents almost as quickly as one.
- More. Pages, Performance, and Protection. Produce sharp text, bold blacks, and crisp graphics with precision black toner.
- Get more. Original HP Toner with JetIntelligence delivers more pages per cartridge than predecessors. Help ensure the Original HP quality you paid for with anti-fraud and cartridge authentication technology.
- Unparalleled fleet security and management. Embedded features detect security threats and heal your printer, protecting it from boot up to shutdown.
- Protect sensitive data stored on the printer and in transit, using embedded and optional security features.
- Stay connected with secure mobile printing options. Use optional, 128-bit encrypted wireless direct printing from mobile devices—no network needed.
- One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
- Read more
The four main functions of printers are: printing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing. Either your device will be print only, print/scan/copy, or an all-in-one printer that does printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Note that scanning and copying almost always come together, since the hardware for these features overlaps significantly. Generally speaking, all-in-one printers are larger, so those with space constraints may find this to be an inconvenience. Additionally, printers with a fax feature are typically more expensive. It would be wise to only consider this feature if you plan to fax often. If not, you’ll be satisfied with a print/scan/copy device.
Printers with an LCD screen/display give you the option to control some settings directly on the printer, such as a one-touch print, scan, copy, or fax. You may also be able to adjust print quality, preview the print job, and/or view connection settings. Some screens are programmed to offer setup instructions for easy installation. For those who are not particularly tech savvy, this could be helpful.
LCD screens can be color or black and white, touchscreen or not, and vary in size across brands and models. The larger the touch screen, usually the easier it is to use the controls.
- 741.98 watts (Active Printing)
- 13.72 watts (Ready)
- 2.51 watts (Sleep)
- 0.08 watts (Auto-Off)
- 0.08 watts (Off)