UE Boom 3 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
- Ultimate sound: Super portable wireless Bluetooth speaker with 360° bold, immersive, crystal clear sound and up to 15 hours of battery on a single charge. It brings your music to life Wherever you take it.
- Powered for adventure: rechargeable battery stays powered and pumping tunes for 15 hours on a single charge. Add the power up charging Dock (sold separately) to charge Ultimate Ears Boom 3 wirelessly so it’s always ready to go on your next musical adventure.
- Super portable, waterproof & virtually indestructible: Ultimate Ears Boom 3 is seriously waterproof and floats. Boom 3 was born to get wet and is completely waterproof with a IP67 water and Dustproof rating, which means it and can be totally submerged in water up to 1m for 30 minutes. No matter how wild things get, your music will always be on point.
- All-new magic button: play, pause, skip and control any streaming music directly on the Bluetooth speaker with one touch of a button. Or simply set up custom one-touch playlists for Spotify on Android*, Amazon music unlimited, Amazon Prime music, Apple Music and Deezer Premium.
- Partyup: use PartyUp on the boom & megaboom app to pair 2, 3, 4...And over 150 speakers and create the ultimate surround sound experience. You can combine multiple Boom 3 and megaboom 3 speakers or even pair them with previous generation Boom, Boom 2 and megaboom.
- Extreme performance fabric: Boom 3 is covered in shimmering two-tone fabric that’s tough, beautiful and engineered for extreme applications like motorcycle jackets and fire Equipment which means this performance textile is built for extremes.
- Fcc regulated products: FCC ID Jnzs00170
- Read more
Speakers range from not being able to handle even a drop of water to being able to be fully submerged in water for several minutes. Do you plan to take your speaker outside? To the beach? To the pool? In the shower? Then you definitely need to verify the level of water resistance before purchasing. You can tell the water resistance by the IP rating—the higher the rating, the more resistant the speaker is to the elements. For reference, the first digit refers to dust protection and the second digit refers to water protection. It reads as: IP68. Anything higher than IP66 will be dust- and splash-proof, meaning it can handle some contact with water, but cannot be fully submerged or soaked.
Battery life for Bluetooth speakers is measured in milliampere hours (mAh). Manufacturers will report the battery life of a speaker in the average number of hours it takes to empty from a full charge. Keep in mind this number is based on medium levels of usage. If you play the speaker on full volume, it will drain the battery faster. Some specialty features like using the speaker to charge your phone or casting an LED light show will also drain the battery faster. The manufacturer reported number is just an estimate, and may be slightly different based on your usage.
It’s also important to consider is the type of battery. Rechargeable lithium-ion (LI-ion) batters are ideal, but some speakers only take standard or rechargeable AA/AAA/C/D batteries. You may even find Bluetooth speakers that recharge via solar power—great for outdoor use!