Most Popular Modems
ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580 - Reviews, Prices, Specs and Alternatives
ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580
- Universal compatibility with all cable providers
- Plug and play setup
- Slightly outdated connection type may not be suitable for online gaming
- Universal compatibility is limited to US only
Cable providers today often force you to rent their equipment. In all honesty this equipment is overpriced, and inferior. It is always best to have your own home network setup as you can find good deals out there that will perform just the way you need It to be. And the Arris SURFboard SBG6580 is just that workhorse you need.
With a download speed of 343 Mbps and an upload speed of 131Mbps, this unit is quite competetive. It is also versatile, with 4Gb-speed ethernet ports for wired connections, and is capable of quick one-button WPS setup when you connect other devices to it. It features channel bonding of up to 8 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels, this allows users access to advanced multimedia with data rates of well over 300 - 400 Mbps. But the creme dela creme is that it is universally compatible with all cable providers in the US so no need to bear with those second-rate, overpriced rentals.
Primarily marketed for multimedia and cable tv system use. This isnt suited for heavy online gaming or multiple simultaneous connections apart from your home entertainment system due to its N300 connection. And its "universal" compatibility actually refers to all US cable companies so this severely limits the customer base.
But at just shy of $100.00 this is a great router to have. It is fast for its price, and is ideal for home entertainment and general use. I just wish more people could benefit from it.Read full review Hide full review
- Dual Band
- Cable Modem and Wi-Fi Router
- Time Warner
- Bright House Networks
- CABLE Internet Service
- Download speeds up to 343 Mbps
- Upload speeds up to 131 Mbps
- 4 port Gigabit Wired Router
- Ideal for streaming HD Video
- Docsis 3.0 with backward compatibility with 2.0 and 1.x
ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580 is a very popular option in the middle of the modems price range. It's in the top 3 bestselling modems and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Netgear AC1750 or Zyxel C1100Z .
ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580 is $1.54 less expensive than an average modem ($89.99).
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Call internet service provider if not listed here. Requires Cable Internet Service and approved for plans up to 100 Mbps. Wifi will not work on certain ISP providers
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + N300 WiFi Router
- Docsis 3.0 Modem with 8 DOWNLOAD and 4 UPLOAD Channels capable of 343 Mbps download and 131 Mbps.
- 8X Faster than DOCSIS 2.0. Supports IPv4 and IPv6 - the latest Internet standard. 802.11n Wi-Fi. 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Router
- Read more